JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner.
The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services.
GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
Integrated Compute Services (ICS) is accountable for the firm's global storage and compute portfolio across plan and operate functions. The organization drives product management, engineering standards and productivity initiatives for
global compute, storage and web across the firm. Our goal is to deliver measurable business value by providing core technology solutions that meet business demand with a high degree of cost efficiency.
Compute Backbone (CBB) is the JPMC enterprise grid infrastructure – it provides a hugely scalable platform for risk analytics and machine learning by leveraging key technologies like IBM Platform Symphony, Apache Spark, Anaconda Python and Apache Cassandra across multiple lines of business in a multi-tenant shared way.
The Grid Computing Support Engineer is responsible for the operation and integration support of the Compute BackBone as part of the Compute Backbone Service Reliability Engineering and Operate team (CBB) Development, UAT, Disaster Recovery, and Production environments (24 x7 with an SLA of 5 nines uptime). The Bournemouth team will work closely with the global CBB support teams to ensure high standards of support are maintained and in some cases adapted for users of each service. The Support Engineers (SE) are expected to establish new client relationships (internal) while maintaining existing local relationships.
The team is also responsible for the onboarding & integration of CBB services to new groups within JPMorgan Chase.
CBB focuses on the integration and operation of grid computing solutions across several Line Of Businesses. The SE will work with developers, architects, system administrators, and Database Administrators (DBA) to support the construction and implementation of open source and commercial products used within the CBB. These solutions will involve the integration of various disparate systems with a variety of APIs.
The core technology currently in use by CBB is Symphony (Platform), LSF (Platform) and Apache Spark, along with a host of secondary components and integration elements including Apache Cassandra.
Most important is an interest in problem solving, diagnosis and enhancing tools to streamline and limit support burden in the future.
A solid grounding in the full lifecycle of application development and in particular the supporting elements that enable
and enhance the integration of disparate systems is important for the job, particularly Unix, Linux, Windows, Python,
TCP/IP, Networking, Monitoring, SVN, GIT, as well as a variety of supporting tools. Flexibility and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems is key, and familiarity with Open Source solutions is a big plus. A working knowledge of Java and how to operate and tune its runtime performance is important.
Exposure to Grid Computing solutions such as Symphony (Platform) and Apache Spark is beneficial as well as Apache Cassandra. The ability to learn new technologies quickly in a self-driven manner is critical.
· Provide primary operational & technical support for the CBB estate
· Provide primary integration support for onboarding of new clients to the CBB
· Support, Maintain, and Troubleshoot distributed Linux based services is very important as well as ability to enhance tools for general server monitoring and maintenance to provide an hygienic, automated and self-service orientated 24/7 highly-visible grid infrastructure that in many ways leads against its industry peer solutions.
· Participate in analysis and design of future services and application integrations onto the CBB
· Assist in the support and distribution of various API's and components that CBB provides and supports (Symphony,
Apache Spark, Cloud burst).
Qualifications - External
· Exceptional troubleshooter with ability to diagnose and support mission-critical systems I collaboration with clients and see ways to enhance them.
· Operations support and troubleshooting experience including Server Configuration, Monitoring, and Scripting.
· Experience with production support of highly visible, mission-critical, and highly available financial applications
· Strong linux security, SSO, application deployment, fail-over knowledge
· Development experience with Python important, Java and C++ also beneficial
· Deep knowledge of Unix/Linux/Windows and Shell/ Python scripting
· Strong technical background in networking, operating system, system administration and performance monitoring
· Experience with Monitoring solutions, such as Tivoli, Nagios, etc.
· Full Development lifecycle and support tool experience using SVN, GIT, BitBucket …
· Experience with QA procedures and quality control of production applications
· Relational DB and SQL experience is a benefit.
· Experience functioning as part of a software team, good communicator
· Self-motivated and Responsible, able to own and drive a project when necessary
· Strong Documentation ability
. Experienced in Operational Support activities in complex environment
. Experienced in managing and developing high performing team
· Investment Banking Experience
· Grid Computing experience highly desired (IBM Platform Symphony,Apache Spark, Apache Cassandra, Cloud platform APIs)
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.