As a member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, you'll play a big part in designing the platforms, servers, and networks make it possible for us to provide service to our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe each and every day. In this role you’ll call on your experience designing tailored solutions to understand the requirements of a project, test the performance of the infrastructure, and verify that the requirements have been successfully met. As a team, you and your peers will be responsible for driving results, collecting and analyzing monitoring data in test and production, and managing projects to completion. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team of engineers who shares your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Proficient knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Intermediate understanding of LOB technology drivers and their impact on architecture design
- Knowledge of more than one specific infrastructure technology
- Thinks creatively to deliver solutions through continuous improvement
In the role UNIX (Linux) SA for the GSO Business Aligned Change organization, you will provide expertise in supporting technical solutions for infrastructure change of varying size and complexity based on Red Hat Linux, AIX & Solaris UNIX platforms. You will use your deep technical skills to support a fast-paced customer base to ensure smooth and successful execution of change in complex environments. An understanding of all aspects of system change for all operating systems will be essential.
- Work with application partners and infrastructure peers, participating in all aspects of the change process including: execution, workflow management, escalation, and planning.
- Change execution during weekend shift which is where the highest volume of complex and time sensitive production change is executed.
- Participate in MEPC events ensuring planning, prechecks, and execution are addressed leading to successful events.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery events ensuring planning, prechecks, and execution are addressed leading to successful events.
Shift Timings (9 Hour shift) – 05:30 AM to 11:30 PM IST with rotational shift.
- 7+ years experience supporting AIX POWER (6.x, 7.x) and RedHat Enterprise Linux servers (5.x, 6.x) & Solaris 10 in a large enterprise environment. Solaris skill is desirable.
- System partitioning and virtualization utilizing IBM AIX POWER LPAR/DLPAR technology and Virtual IO Server.
- Solaris LDOM & Solaris Zones
- AIX LVM, Linux LVM & Veritas Volume Manager experience is must.
- 7+ years experience supporting highly reliable/recoverable UNIX-based solutions that address specific business needs and requirements.
- Thorough understanding of storage related technologies from a server perspective; working with provisioned SAN, NAS, external/remote storage media, etc.
- Storage networking utilization - e.g. installing HBAs & drivers, configuring LUNs and volume managers (LVM on AIX or RedHat Linux).
- Solid experience with clustering, load balancing and high availability solutions (HACMP, GPFS, VCS) etc.
- Implementation experience and familiarity with UNIX security models and Role-Based-Security Access.
- Experience in supporting disaster recovery solutions.
- Experience in EMC SRDF & Hitachi TrueCopy
- Experience in supporting large scale project for SAN Migration, Data Migration, NAS migration & Data Centre Migration.
- Solid understanding of core networking concepts such as routing, protocols, subnets, DNS
- HP/IBM/Dell Blade and Cisco UCS knowledge
- Proficiency in Python, PERL, Shell Scripting and macro’s
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical audiences that include peers, partners, AD partners, senior management, and customers
- Strong documentation skills with experience designing system design diagrams, application flow diagrams, and other related technical documentation.
- Leadership abilities: ability to drive discussions with client, provides leadership for UNIX team members, and explains complex issues to AD partners and senior management.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Must be able to remain focused on critical deliverables while remaining aware of simultaneous communications and issues.
- Professional customer-focused attitude at all times, even during situations of disagreement.
- Understanding of and experience with change management concepts, processes, and tools.
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
©2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.