J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Seeking an energetic candidate looking for an Application Support Analyst to be part of a team managing day to day production support issues for a number of distributed applications related to the Reference Data Client , Document and Account operated by Risk and Finanace Technology - Reference Data Operate.
Key Responsibilities and Typical Duties include the following:
Manage and resolve day-to-day production support issues for a number of applications that support Instrument Reference Data processing throughout the world:
• Incident and problem management
• To update key control systems according to procedure and in a timely manner (within JPM these include Alacrity/
ConQuest, EPV, ITSM)
• To create and update "run book" documentation for the supported applications as required
• To participate in Critical Site Tests for supported applications
• Excellent proven problem-solving skills
• Logical, able to think outside the box
• Good interpersonal and customer-facing skills
• Strong written communication skills
• Flexible, co-operative and resilient
• Able to work effectively under pressure and frequently changing priorities
Experience - Required:
• Proficient in Unix scripting and SQL
• Oracle, Sybase database and Tomcat/Websphere Application Server
• Tools - Control M, Autosys, Geneos
• Production Support experience
Experience - Desirable:
• Exposure to Reference Data Technology in past with knowledge of relevant businesses such as Client Onboarding , Document Management , Account maintenance
• The mission-critical nature of these globally-used applications means that on occasion it will be necessary for the
successful candidate to work extended hours at short notice to help see an incident through to resolution.
• To enable an effective response to off-hours incidents a call-out rota in maintained across the wider team. The
successful candidate will be expected to be part of this rota.
- Engineer or Computer Science with relevent experience in Investment Banking domain shall be useful.
- Exposure to Reference Data Technology in past with knowledge of relevant businesses such as Global Equities,
Corporate Action, fund accounting, clearance or the organisations that use these services
- Previous exposure to application support
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.