JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, commercial banking, financial services for small business and consumers, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
Wholesale Credit Analytics and Solutions (WCAS)
The Wholesale Credit Analytics and Solutions team (WCAS) is responsible for implementing key credit risk practices across Wholesale businesses and for ensuring consistency in methodologies within Wholesale Credit Risk. WCAS’ areas of responsibility include Traditional Credit Product stress testing, developing the firm's authoritative wholesale credit risk parameter data set, reserve/allowance management, development and implementation of an economic credit capital model, the construction and integration of credit and capital limits, risk grading methodology, and the provision of strategic advice and solutions to the originating businesses.
WCAS provides excellent exposure to any candidate interested in Credit Risk, Basel regulations, Economic Capital, and other firm wide risk programs. The team works across the Wholesale bank and is closely aligned with firm-wide partners including Reporting, Finance, Model Risk & Development, Technology and the Regulatory Capital Management Office. We seek candidates with strong skills in finance, analytics, problem-solving, and communication.
Role Description and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will join a broader team focused on the design and implementation of the strategic forecasting platform. Previous experience driving strategic and tactical process improvement initiatives in data/technology-heavy functions/programs is highly desirable. Very strong critical and creative thinking skills and a willingness to work with ambiguity must be demonstrated.
The Strategic Platform Implementation and Development team will work across the various WCAS teams and stakeholders to gather requirements and then partner with Technology to design and implement. The group will initially support IFRS 9, CECL, and CCAR initiatives, and opportunities will arise for other strategic initiatives and implementations.
This effort will have significant impact on JPMorgan’s regulatory and financial submissions and has significant senior management exposure.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Partner across WCAS, as well as with Quantitative Research and Risk Finance Technology, to ensure that strategic designs are accurately captured, designed, and delivered
- Analyzing existing processes to understand gaps to support the development of strategic platform and improved processes
- Documenting detailed business requirements, change requests, and issues
- Creating and maintaining detailed process flows, project plans, testing plans and other related documentation
- Help to design and implement various metrics to track quality, progress, and deliveries
- Present findings/analysis and recommendations to senior management
- Understand both current and strategic architectures and be able to compare/contrast for senior management
- Participating in testing and issue triage as needed
- Working with / leading consultants as part of team’s deliverables
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
5-7 years of experience working in finance or risk disciplines
Example backgrounds include Risk Management, Finance, Data Analytics, Business Analysis, Technology or other control function
Problem solving skills: Strong ability to rapidly learn the intricacies of an unfamiliar process, structure and scope complex problems, apply a range of analytical tools, gain and synthesize insights, and develop actionable recommendations
- Comfort with Data and Technology: Prior experience functioning in roles and functions that are highly data-driven and require understanding of data models, process flows, and technology architecture as related to business requirements, including comfort interacting with internal technology teams
Client management and teamwork skills: Strong partnership skills and experience (at least 3-5 years) managing relationships across multiple teams of people
Communication and influence skills: Excellent communication and influencing skills to coordinate with multiple functional areas
Documentation skills: Demonstrated ability in documenting controls and procedures
Testing and promotion processes
Wholesale loans and commitments products
CCAR or other regulatory reporting