Communications & Media Relations
The Senior Associate of External Communications for Commercial Banking (CB) will provide both strategic and tactical media relations and external communications support to help the business achieve its communications goals. We are looking for a collaborative team player who is passionate about communications and can identify and tell great stories. This role requires a professional who is a self-starter who can think strategically and execute projects effectively. Excellent writing skills, creative thinking and storytelling, strong work ethic and a positive attitude are key attributes for this role.
• Drive media relations programming for CB’s Commercial Real Estate (CRE) business.
• Develop and execute media plan for CRE and its leadership/key spokespeople.
• Develop and maintain relationships with relevant national, trade and local media, understanding their reach and audience and determining how to best engage opportunistically throughout the year to secure positive coverage opportunities.
• Handle incoming media inquiries.
• Develop talking points and key messages for the business and its spokespeople.
• Develop content on an as-needed basis, e.g. media pitches, press releases, articles, etc.
• Identify opportunities to use existing thought leadership content with media; brainstorm new topics and themes to create new thought leadership content around.
• Work with marketing and communications colleagues to promote CB content and thought leadership to ensure the Chase and J.P. Morgan brands are appropriately positioned; with all content, think through promotion channels to maximize results.
• Collaborate on internal and external influencer programs as needed.
• Ability to develop and utilize research to support communications goals.
• Support holistic public relations campaigns across traditional, social and digital media.
• Work closely with business and functional partners, e.g. internal and external CB communications team members and media relations colleagues across the firm, to ensure strategic alignment and maximize results.
• Monitor the news cycle and business landscape to identify best practices and white space for new opportunities.
• Collaborate on and support ongoing CB Communications activities, including:
o News clips monitoring and distribution
o Briefing documents
o Press releases
• 5-7 years of media relations and external communications experience at an agency or in-house; some financial services experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism, or related discipline.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Ability to identify, tell and share great stories.
• Strong understanding of the media landscape and existing relationships with national, trade and local media in the financial services space.
• Experience in developing media strategy and plans.
• Strong executive presence and ability to advise and work with senior management.
• Fluency across social media and other communications channels, with a proven ability to tap them to protect reputation and promote the brand.
• Excellent judgment and ability to handle sensitive issues, particularly pertaining to media.
• Ability to partner across a large, matrixed organization, with an understanding of how to lead by influence not control.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to multitask and prioritize high volume, high priority initiatives.
• Team player and willingness to collaborate and contribute on both a strategic and tactical level.
• Comfortable working in fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; ability and eagerness to take a creative approach to problem solving.
• Strong PowerPoint and visual design skills.
• References and portfolio of work samples required.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.