JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Business & Document Services (GBDS) is the corporation's primary print production and distribution unit for JPMorgan Chase. Global Document Services (GBDS) prints, inserts and mails over 1.1 billion mail pieces annually. GBDS supports internal lines of business such as Retail, Card Services, Retirement Plan Services, Private Bank and Treasury Services. GBDS produces a wide variety of products including postcards, letters, statements, checks, invoices and marketing material originated from its internal composition team as well as documents created by Output Systems.
The group's primary functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinating, reviewing, and extracting data files from various lines of businesses within JPMorgan for mail distribution
- Offering clients the following services:
- First Class Mail presentment
- Standard Class Mail presentment
- Ecertified Mail presentment
- USPS Express and USPS International Express Mail presentment
- Fed Ex Letter/Packages/Freight presentment
- UPS Letter/Packages/Freight presentment
- Track One and Inner Office mail presentment
- Providing and validating reconciliation of all files received daily and meeting client service level agreements
- New business management to onboard new products
- Change management to support technology and process improvements and document changes
GBDS continues to lead our firm with state of the art technology, new products and services, and opportunities for ongoing development. This equates to a culture which fosters mobility for our team members. The focus given to one’s success throughout their GBDS career is enhanced by cross-training. Once you have mastered your departmental processes, we will focus on expanding your understanding of our business by rotating you throughout other departments within GBDS. This will enhance your skill set and provide you with new avenues for learning our business and our organization.
As a Processing Supervisor, you will be part of our leadership team, responsible for managing, coordinating and directing the Production operations of a unit of non-exempt employees in one of the following departments: Manual Document Processing, Print Operations, Insertion Operations, Verify/Dispatch Operations, Warehouse Operations, and Quality Assurance. As a leader within this department, you will be required to work a variable schedule as deemed by production needs. GBDS is a 24-hour/7-day operation, including holidays.
- Oversee associates responsible for producing mail in a high capacity, fast-paced, automated environment with an emphasis on Quality and Productivity
- Able to stand for an 8 to 10 hour shift
- Provide guidance and formal written performance and development evaluations of Unit Lead Coordinators and Processing Associates
- Direct ownership of shift reporting/validation of processing performance
- Manage mandatory daily communication to staff regarding high productivity, excellent quality, and employee engagement
- Research and provide recommendations on performance error investigations, root cause, and resolution
- Responsible for shift operations and pass on updates, informing managers and peers of process delays or breakdowns
- Resolve issues or obstacles to production and/or quality
- Validate production’s input and output on a daily basis, with an emphasis on risk control measures
- Display understanding of upstream internal processes and responsibilities
- Ensure GBDS and Lines of Business standard operating procedures are applied consistently
- Meet and/or exceed all internal Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Manage and maintain departmental work area maintenance (5S)
- A minimum of 2 years supervisory/management experience, preferably in a robust operations environment, or 5 years mid-level experience in a production environment
- Associates Degree and/or Bachelor's degree in Business Management a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required, along with solid PC skills
- Must be able to interact effectively with diverse groups within the organization
- Advanced interpersonal skills with proven record of good management, personnel development and participation in team-oriented projects
- Advanced ability to organize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment; possess ability to prioritize workload and operate effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Tact and good judgment in confidential situations and proven experience interacting with senior management, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to direct the team to meet production demands and quality deliverables
- Must be able to work a variable schedule as deemed by production demands
- Proven customer service skills
- Ability to manage conflict with fairness and diplomacy, acting as a catalyst for JPMC corporate policies, with an emphasis on leading by example
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.