The Pyramid Feeds Team is part of the Derivatives Trade Management suite of application.
It consists of various components that act as data provider to Regulatory, Collateral, Accounting, systems and other adhoc reporting needs.
The role demands proficiency in developing solutions for real time messaging and end of day bulk reporting, using Java, Sybase and messaging solutions.
Enhance the logic in complex stored procedures/Java code. Migrate components to the next Generation Pyramid model. Contribute to design and build new solutions and proficient in enhancing existing code with high focus on production stability.
· Work with subject matter experts to ensure that the solution meets business needs.
· Develop Java services and Sybase procedures leveraging the current platform and handling the current and projected volumes/executing the required business logic.
· Build with stability, efficiency, scalability, testability in mind.
· Testing, code quality and design skills are essential in this job.
· Should aspire to learn Derivatives domain and technology.
Business Area Description:
Business Area Description:
The Global Equities Technology stack at J P Morgan is going through a strategic transformation (front to back). This is a multi-year program where the India Tech teams are involved heavily. The technology stack used is predominantly Core Java, C# .NET, C++ and Sybase. We are hiring in the areas of Front Office, Middle Office, Risk Management and Client Intelligence Technologies.
The India Equities Technology organization is 400+ within JPMorgan’s Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) organization and covers the following functions
· Execution Services Technology comprising of:
o Electronic Trading
o Flow Sales and Trading
· Risk Management and Structured products
· Middle office Trade Booking and Regulatory
· Shared Services (Architecture group, Shared components and QA)
· Client Intelligence
We are looking for highly talented and driven technologists who have a track record of delivering outstanding solutions in an investment bank or other fast-paced industry where first class solutions with 5 9’s uptime are the norm.
· Typically 5-10 years hands-on experience and recognized expert on Java. The candidate must be able to answer tough questions on these languages.
· Very pro-active, delivery focus, strong experience on Agile programming
· Good knowledge of the JVM with an understanding of performance and memory optimization.
· Open to new/different technologies.
· Strong OO design skills with good knowledge of object modelling and design patterns.
· Keen to understand and solve business related problems.
· Computer science background with an intellectual rigor
· Relational database experience; ideally Sybase/SQL.
· Experience of messaging e.g. AMQ, WebSphere MQ etc.
· Ability to solve complex problems and a p
· Strong communication and team-working skills
· Experience of working in financial services, in a front or middle-office environment.
· Understanding of equity / credit derivatives trading.
· Experience with NoSQL databases/ Caching technologies like GemFire.
To degree level, ideally in a computer science, mathematical or engineering discipline
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.