JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in
more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and
commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Services Operations (GSO) is responsible for service support and delivery for JPMorgan Chase's Global
Technology Infrastructure (GTI). Through its Global Service Desk and Infrastructure Operations Centers, GSO provides
global, coordinated diagnostic and support services, while it's Production Assurance and Support functions leverage
and execute industry-leading infrastructure management and support processes that are designed to minimize customer
outages and impacts.
As an ESX Administrator within the GSO service support organization, you will be responsible for supporting the daily
production support, health, and compliance of the VMware estate globally. Also responsible for managing all service
delivery, resiliencies, efficiency, and audit programs as well as ensuring engineering standards and products are
integrated across the ESX estate. The scope of responsibilities will entail implementing, measuring, and improving all
processes, procedures, and activities required to ensure maximum availability of the IaaS production environment.
Qualifications - External
- General Software: VMware vCenter Server, vCenter Server Heartbeat, vCenter Converter, vCenter Site Recovery
Manager, vMotion, DRS, VMware HA, Scripting skills (VB, Perl, PowerShell), vCM, VUM
- 3-5 years of experience maintaining and implementing VMware ESX (versions 3.x 4.x 5.x)
- Relevant training or certifications: VMware Certified Professional (VCP) preferred.
- Proficient with performance tuning of Operating Systems, Applications, Databases, Storage, and Networking.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on all VMware products. E.g. ESX hosts, Virtual Centers, and Virtual Machines
- Comprehensive knowledge of hardware platforms that include rack mount servers and blades E.g. Cisco UCS, HP, Dell,
- Ability to administer, maintain, and troubleshoot Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
attached to VMware environments
- Understanding of Virtual Center Operations Manager for proactive assessment of performance and identification of
potential resource bottlenecks
- Provide support in performance monitoring, back-ups, reporting, Root Cause Analysis, and resolution for VMware
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions
- Ability to lead, and own projects related to migrations of production assets
- Ability to collaborate with a team working across multiple locations
- Ability and willingness to work a 24x7 on-call rotation schedule
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer service skills
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems
are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced
screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be
successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.