As a member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, you'll play a big part in designing the platforms, servers, and networks make it possible for us to provide service to our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe each and every day. In this role you’ll call on your experience designing tailored solutions to understand the requirements of a project, test the performance of the infrastructure, and verify that the requirements have been successfully met. As a team, you and your peers will be responsible for driving results, collecting and analyzing monitoring data in test and production, and managing projects to completion. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team of engineers who shares your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Proficient knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Intermediate understanding of LOB technology drivers and their impact on architecture design
- Knowledge of more than one specific infrastructure technology
- Thinks creatively to deliver solutions through continuous improvement
Staff will be required to work 5 days a week for 9 hour a day. Staff will be required to work either of ASIA or EMEA shifts including public holidays which will be compensated with days in lieu and weekend support on rotational basis.
The Database Management Analyst will have the following Responsibilities:
• Responsible for SQL Database Production and non-production database infrastructure and support.
• Ability to architect, design and configure large, complex databases with replication and high-availability on the most current MSSQL versions.
• Translate comprehensive DB architecture, implementation and upgrade plans and assists in definition of database standards, policies, and procedures.
• Lead data requirements, architecture review, and modeling sessions.
• Primary contact for projects within the team, interfacing with project managers, application development staff and executive management.
• Project based infrastructure and Execute database software installation (SQL Server 2008 & 2012 cluster), database creations/configurations and loads.
• Maintenance and support of SQL server Mirroring, Log shipping, Clustering, and other methods of disaster recovery.
• Responsible for capacity planning, backup and recovery.
• Database performance fine tuning and optimizing poorly performing queries, stored procedures.
• Day-to-day production operations (incident break/fix, change, service requests, vulnerability management).
• Production and non production patch/upgrade management.
• Weekend work will need to be undertaken.
Mandatory Technical Skills
• Minimum of 7 years of experience with MSSQL Database Administration in a production environment.
• Experience with SQL server clusters with multiple nodes on each cluster mirroring and other methods of disaster recovery.
• Knowledge of advance features of MSSQL server 2008/2012/2016 and working knowledge of SQL 2012
• Migration of Microsoft SQL databases from one platform to another
• Solid experience with SQL server 2008/2012 cluster installation and configuration.
• Experience with SSIS packages, SSRS and SSAS.
• Knowledge of SAN and Responsible for data loading, security, performance monitoring and tuning, capacity planning, and backup and recovery.
• Solid skills in database performance fine tuning and optimizing poorly performing queries, stored procedures.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Good communication skills for providing documentation to support personnel, customers, and managers
• Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
• Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
©2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.