As a member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, you'll play a big part in designing the platforms, servers, and networks make it possible for us to provide service to our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe each and every day. In this role you’ll call on your experience designing tailored solutions to understand the requirements of a project, test the performance of the infrastructure, and verify that the requirements have been successfully met. As a team, you and your peers will be responsible for driving results, collecting and analyzing monitoring data in test and production, and managing projects to completion. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team of engineers who shares your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Proficient knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Intermediate understanding of LOB technology drivers and their impact on architecture design
- Knowledge of more than one specific infrastructure technology
- Thinks creatively to deliver solutions through continuous improvement
This position requires an extensive background in Storage management, migration and support, and experience with the server side as well. We support a widespread of OS version, age and configuration; including AIX, Linux, ESX and Windows.
Our environment is extremely complex, comprised of NetApp, Isilon, Atmos, EMC, thus, this position requires an engineer that has a high level of energy and is seeking a challenge.
• Handling Escalations from different teams for NetApp/Isilon
• Review the new products in the market for the enterprise requirement and partner with the internal teams
• Strong skills in automation
• Mentoring and educating teams with world class leadership
• Drive the storage and environmental changes across the globe.
• Provides multi-level technical support in defining, developing and evaluating storage products to meet client needs
• Supports these activities by diagnosing, reproducing and fixing software and hardware issues
• Provides recommendations to improve the storage infrastructure and address/lead critical issues and analysis
• Works with partner storage teams to ensure the appropriate storage level provisioning is maintained. Monitors server/storage infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
• Troubleshoots and resolves problems identified by system administrators or through monitoring software. Investigates, identifies and documents proposals that will improve application recoverability
• Once issues are identified, this position requires ability to put a plan in place to implement fixes and close out such issues, taking into account, the complexity and size of the environment
• Resolving high priority incident tickets with visible leadership skills
• Engaging internal customers
• Attendance on management and technical bridges through incident resolution and preparation and presentation of root cause analysis
• Coordinating and driving both internal and external vendor IT support teams in resolution activities
• Working with Risk and controls to review and implement the standards across board
• Providing on-going improvements to event monitoring
• Ensuring environmental testing and Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity tests are completed successfully as required
• Provide production support for distributed storage environment including accurate problem identification, ticket documentation and customer/vendor engagement
• Provides management with strategic and tactical recommendations for NAS environment
• 10 - 15 years’ experience in distributed storage environments
• 10 - 15 years’ experience in an associated technology (Server, Networks)
• Must have Strong experience with NetApp, Isilon
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Windows, Sun Solaris, HP-UX, AIX
• Advanced experience of NetApp Ontap 8.x & cDoT
• Advanced Experience in NFS/CIFS protocol troubleshooting.
• Experience in LDAP,AD authentication and integration
• Experience in protocols ,TCP/IP communications and Packet trace analysis
• Experience in Ontap 7-Mode ,cDoT, Isilon upgrades.
• Strong Scripting experience : python, shell
• Advanced NetApp replication & snapvault technology experience & troubleshooting.
• Experience in NetApp hardware refresh/migrations.
• Advanced experience of vendor tools for managing, configuring, and troubleshooting (including performance)
• Intermediate /Advanced experience with large switched fabric environment for Brocade & Cisco
• Must have Expert knowledge of basic RAID, storage tiering, storage architecture concepts, storage virtualization, local and datacenter replication practices, and storage best practices
• Strong scripting automation skills: Perl, Unix shell scripting (Ksh/Bash) and Expect
• Good understanding of impact and importance of storage services to customers. Sense of urgency around critical issues
• Good positive attitude and helpful approach
• Good spoken and written English
• Ability to communicate clear and concise information in support of team and firm goals
• Timely escalation of critical and/or complex issues as required
• Ability to solve operational issues with both tactical and long-term solutions
• Good problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent time management and personal task prioritization
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
©2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.