As a member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, you'll play a big part in designing the platforms, servers, and networks make it possible for us to provide service to our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe each and every day. In this role you’ll call on your experience designing tailored solutions to understand the requirements of a project, test the performance of the infrastructure, and verify that the requirements have been successfully met. As a team, you and your peers will be responsible for driving results, collecting and analyzing monitoring data in test and production, and managing projects to completion. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team of engineers who shares your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Proficient knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Intermediate understanding of LOB technology drivers and their impact on architecture design
- Knowledge of more than one specific infrastructure technology
- Thinks creatively to deliver solutions through continuous improvement
In this position, you will be working with a team of other analysts, engineers, business representatives, project managers and vendors to plan, oversee and execute critical projects across storage (SAN and NAS) within the JPMorgan data centers. The focus of the team is to Refresh old hardware into new on a large scale with minimal downtime. You will be called on to plan, design, manage and maintain the overall program with an emphasis on the data center execution area while also leading the storage in support of firm wide initiatives.
- Provide input to the project creation including review, timelines, budget and deliverables.
- Work with representatives across the various Storage teams and the Line of Business providing guidance technical and project coordination
- Analyze project requirements and determine the impacts to technical resources and the data centers
- Interface with various vendors/clients to review, execute and track project deliverables
- Consolidate deliverable related data and create project documentation
- Assist in planning, coordinating and leading project events
- Provide extensive data analysis to provide trending and efficiency reporting
- Ensure quality of data throughout life of the project
- 5+ years of combined knowledge/experience with SAN/NAS and server operating systems with the ability to understand how they all interface with the data center environment
- Ability to understand a structured execution methodology and technical requirements leading to technical delivery, documentation and execution deployment plans
- Vendor management with an emphasis in resource planning, project timeline development, deliverable tracking and cost estimating
- Basic experience with the MS Office suite of applications with an emphasis on VB scripting, web and database skills enabling analysis and consolidation of multiple cross platform data repositories
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills allowing the leadership of a group of multiple narrow focused technical teams to a shared common goal
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
©2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.