JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The mission of GTI service delivery is to deliver a data-driven, software-defined, self-service, straight-through provisioned environment which expands and contracts at the speed of the business need and is inherently secure and operationally stable.
Integrated Compute Services (ICS) is a core service-oriented technology organization with a strong foundational base for efficient delivery of an integrated set of managed technology services.
DevOps is a software engineering practice that aims at unifying software development (Dev) and software operation (Ops). The continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) team has a global presence as part of the ICS organization and is focused on improving the environment efficiencies, optimization and automation for the ESXi virtualization service. The team drives longer term infrastructure projects and engineering initiatives that input directly into operational efficiencies and service improvement as well as perform problem management on highly critical issues.
An engineer in the ICS CI/CD team will be responsible for:
• Proficiency in the core VMware product suite.
• Maintaining and improving effective partnerships with the Build, Operations and Engineering teams to drive service improvement.
• Identify and execute on opportunities for automation and efficiencies in operational activity.
• Define, drive and prioritize the hygiene agenda, to ensure the core infrastructure is compliant with the bank’s health, risk and security agenda.
• Improve the product release process to ensure the smoothest transition from the engineering and architecture phases, through to operational support.
• Maintain a culture of continual service improvement across the team and interfacing organizational elements.
The following skills are required:
• 5+ years of experience with VMware ESXi (v4-6) running on Cisco UCS, HP or Dell hardware
• 5+ years of experience with Redhat Linux
• Thorough knowledge and experience with the VMware product set including the VMware vRealize Suite (Operations Manager and Orchestrator) .
• Experience of data manipulation tools such as Excel or Microsoft SQL server. Analytic tools such as Elasticsearch and Kibana
• Ability to develop and maintain peer/client/customer relationships underpinned by a service oriented approach to work.
• An understanding of ITIL concepts (foundation knowledge or above) and the ability to engage with JPMC established incident, problem and change management processes and procedures.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• A willingness to work to a flexible work schedule with the possibility of international travel.
• Ability to perform in a highly pressurized and changing work environment.
• Degree level education or equivalent acceptable.
• JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.