JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner.
The mission of GTI service delivery is to deliver a data-driven, software-defined, self-service, straight-through provisioned environment which expands and contracts at the speed of the business need and is inherently secure and operationally stable.
Integrated Compute Services (ICS) is a core service-oriented technology organization with a strong foundational base for efficient delivery of an integrated set of managed technology services. Currently the portfolio includes Compute and Storage, HPC Grid, Hadoop, Web Services, the chase.com platform, and Emerging Services.
The ICS continuous improvement engineering (CIE) team has a global presence as part of the GTI organization focused on improving IaaS VSI environment efficiencies, optimization and automation. The team drives longer term infrastructure projects and engineering initiatives that input directly into operational efficiencies and service improvement as well as perform problem management on highly critical issues.
As a lead virtualization engineer in the ICS CIE team will be responsible for:
• Being a SME in the core VMware product suite and confident in your knowledge and experience of the surrounding and supporting technologies used within the bank.
• Maintaining and improving effective partnerships with the Build, Operations and Engineering teams to drive service improvement.
• Identify and execute on opportunities for automation and efficiencies in operational activity.
• Define, drive and prioritize the hygiene agenda, to ensure the core infrastructure is compliant with our health, risk and security agenda.
• Work closely with the engineering teams to bring products to the operations space.
• Improve the product release process to ensure the smoothest transition from the engineering and architecture phases, through to operational support.
• Contribute to incident reduction initiatives to drive operational overhead to a minimum.
• Provide oversight of problem management in the environment to ensure P1 Incidents are resolved through to root cause.
• Maintain a culture of continual service improvement across the team and interfacing organizational elements.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
• Extensive experience in core infrastructure technologies including networking, storage, virtualization, applications and data centre technologies.
• Extensive experience with hardware and server operating systems with a focus on VMware ESXi.
• In depth knowledge and experience with the VMware product set including the VMware vRealize Suite (Operations Manager and Orchestrator)
• VMware VCP/VCAP or equivalent industry certifications and knowledge.
• Demonstrable experience of data manipulation tools such as Excel or Microsoft SQL server. Analytic tools such as Elasticsearch and Kibana
• Experience of data analysis and the use of asset inventory management systems across a large and complex server estate.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong peer/client/customer relationships underpinned by a service oriented approach to work.
• An understanding of ITIL concepts (foundation knowledge or above) and the ability to engage with JPMC established incident, problem and change management processes and procedures.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• A willingness to work to a flexible work schedule with the possibility of international travel.
• Ability to perform in a highly pressurized and changing work environment.
• Degree level education or equivalent calibre.
• JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.