About JP Morgan Wealth Management
J.P. Morgan Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Wealth Management Operations supports the JPMorgan Private Bank in JP Morgan’s Wealth Management line of business. The Private Bank is the world’s premier service provider for ultra and high net worth individuals. Our goal is to help these affluent individuals across the globe optimize their wealth, after taxes and across generations. Wealth Management Operations provides end-to-end support for all aspects of the client experience, working closely with client service, fiduciary, product specialty groups, third party vendors and other internal groups.
Covenant Risk Monitoring Team is part of the Private Bank Wealth Management Credit Middle Office operations team and is currently responsible for managing and monitoring financial covenants and related tasks for HNW and UHNW Domestic, Latin America and EMAP NY portfolios. The team is comprised of seven individuals in Columbus and three resources offshore who manage the set-up, monitoring and reporting related to financial covenants for the HNW and UHNW portfolios. The functions performed by this team are critical to protecting the bank from potential credit losses.
The Covenant Risk Analyst will be responsible to support all core functions and work on projects as needed to improve quality, control and execution of the business.
Core Functions include:
- Identification of facilities with covenants – streamline/improve process to identify and on-board (new and modification) covenant calculations and tracking items into CLASS
- Covenant Set Ups – Establish covenant framework in CLASS for monitoring, including more complex elements such as Debt Service Coverage, Liquidity, and FIV/NAV/AUM reduction
- Manage daily correspondence from front office and Credit Executives
- Manage Exception reporting and resolution, working with the responsible Capital Advisors, engaging the JPM Legal department as needed
- Manage Discrepancy reporting and resolution, working with responsible Capital Advisors and Underwriters
- Metrics – Manage core operations metrics for both risk and capacity
The Analyst will be expected to contribute to process re-engineering initiatives, recommend improvements, and work with Underwriters, Capital Advisors, Credit Analysts, Legal team, Credit Officers, Documentation team and others throughout the Credit Center and larger Credit Risk organization to manage covenant issues and Exceptions.
Interest in the Financial Markets and risk measures
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years working in a legal, credit administration, operations, or support group within the Financial Services industry
- Knowledge of legal documentation, bank systems and loan/credit operations strongly preferred
- Strong Excel and data manipulation skills a plus
- Experience in providing business requirements for technology a plus
- Experience in Project Management
- Communication Skills & Demonstrated Teamwork