Job Description (AVP – Practices)
Global Compliance plays a critical role in the successful execution of the firm's mission. The Compliance function supports the development and maintenance of a strong regulatory compliance culture by working closely with the Business, Legal, Risk, Line of Business (LOB) Oversight & Control, and Audit functions to provide expertise on regulatory compliance matters. The Compliance function also develops and maintains practices to identify, measure, manage, and remediate regulatory related risks, and monitors and tests the operating effectiveness of the Firm’s Compliance Core Practices.
Position Description / Responsibilities:
This role is specifically focused on home lending and supports the Home Lending Compliance team under the Global Compliance umbrella for the effective execution of the firm-wide Compliance Program. This position oversees and executes the Home Lending Core Practices Compliance program which includes the following Core Practices:
- Governance and Oversight
- Regulatory Management
- Policies and Procedures
- Training and Awareness
- Monitoring and Testing (inclusive of metrics)
- Issue Management
- Risk Assessment and Reporting
- Risk Control Self-Assessment
The incumbent must also work in strong partnership and coordination with the Compliance Managers, CCB Compliance and Global Compliance to ensure the execution of a sound and robust Compliance Program; apply the firm-wide oversight/control framework and protocols for strengthening the control environment and manage additional projects as assigned.
Desired Background and/or Training: Experienced professional with regulatory compliance background, strong project management and presentation skills. Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience required. Incumbents typically have 5 or more years of mortgage banking experience and 3 years of experience in Compliance, Legal, Risk, Control or Audit. Excellent decision making with the ability to manage multiple assignments is a key facet to this position. In addition, strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and attention to detail required.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience required.
- Financial Industry and Regulatory Compliance experience including management/project management experience (3-5 years).
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to create multiple compliance reports that require coordination between multiple groups
- Handle and manage a variety of ad-hoc requests to support the Home Lending Compliance Program
- Ability to coordinate complex and cross impacting processes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent oral and interpersonal skills is a must including ability to explain and/or present analysis of metrics
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player and develop solutions to complex problems
- Must be a self-motivated and disciplined time manager
- Must be a strong business partner and create/maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, business partners, and senior executives
- Demonstrated ability in making sound decisions
- Other Skills Required:
- Mid-Level to Advanced Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with SharePoint