J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
JPMorgan Global Wealth Management’s Private Bank is seeking an Associate to join the Investor Relations team to support the Alternative Investments Group ("AIG"). AIG identifies, performs due diligence on, and markets alternative investments such as private equity, hedge funds and real estate to the clients within the Private Bank, globally. The Investor Relations Team serves as liaison between the AIG clients (internal and external) and the general partners/fund managers of private equity funds, real estate funds and hedge funds offered on the Private Bank’s platform. The team primarily supports sales and relationship management activities of the Alternatives funds platform, including client events, fund communications and ad hoc special projects and analyses.
This role will work closely with a wide variety of internal teams (including Due Diligence, Structuring, Marketing, Middle Office, Fund Accounting, Tax, and Legal & Compliance) to assist in the day-to-day servicing of inquiries from our salesforce regarding Alternative Investments. The Investor Relations team is responsible for the execution of internal and external communication for 250+ funds (including both client letter-writing and internal e-mail communications to senior members of the Private Bank). Members of the Investor Relations team must demonstrate excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities while demonstrating independent initiative, adaptability and sound decision-making skills.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Serve as a resource to educate and provide information to the global sales force on the Hedge Funds, Private Equity and Real Estate funds on the global Private Bank platform
- Prioritize and respond to a high volume of sales force and client inquiries across multiple channels
- Identify key trends, and as a result, prepare training aids and resources for the sales force to assist in ongoing educational effort surrounding Alternative Investments
- Coordinate global roadshow calendar and logistics with our internal and third-party fund managers, internal stakeholders, and the Private Bank events team
- Liaise with external vendors on the end-to-end logistics of webcasts and conference calls as well as prepare detailed call summaries for use by the sales force
- Liaise directly with third-party and internal funds to: create a consistent client experience for Private Bank clients across the platform; obtain detailed portfolio information for client and internal requests; schedule client conference calls and events
- Drive the internal and external communication process for time sensitive and complex corporate actions, amendments, and exit recommendations
- Help to identify areas of risk and pro-actively propose innovative business solutions required to increase the efficiency of information flow and communication channels between different areas of the business
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years of experience in an Investor Relations/Product Specialist role
- Understanding of the Alternatives asset class and mechanics of private equity and hedge funds strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint