The Vice President is responsible for supporting the Treasury finance function within Consumer & Community Banking (CCB). This opportunity challenges the candidate to provide strategic vision in order to build next generation quantitative models utilized in balance sheet and income statement forecasting and perform big data analytics utilizing JP Morgan Chase’s vast customer, household, and transactional level data. The analyst works hand-in-hand with data engineers and predictive modelers also on the Treasury team to solve complicated problems related to CCB deposits.
This position will have forecast model development and strategy responsibilities for several deposit related P&L and balance sheet line items and key drivers such as outstanding balances and accounts, customer rates paid, funds transfer pricing (FTP), non-sufficient funds and overdraft, debit card transactions, and investment flows. Currently, the models for these line items lie on the firm wide forecasting framework, an integrated platform for model deployment, forecast orchestration, and analysis. This framework is currently used in all firm wide forecasting processes, both regulatory (CCAR & DFAST) as well as internal budgeting and planning exercises.
The candidate will also be accountable for developing best in-class analytics around deposit migration, repricing, and growth by leveraging Chase’s data warehouse. The analytics derived from these exercises will be used extensively by the business to inform strategy as well as by corporate treasury and the chief investment office to develop FTP, interest rate risk (IRR), and asset-liability management (ALM) frameworks.
This position will require close interaction with others outside of Treasury including product and marketing managers, CFOs, corporate treasury, line of business finance, and model governance.
· Partner with quantitative modeling team to provide vision and build best-in-class models and analytical frameworks for forecasting Consumer and Business Banking deposit balances and customer rate paid
· Partner with subject matter experts to design model requirements incorporating business strategy and macroeconomic drivers in order to achieve multi-purpose model function
· Become a deposit data expert, utilizing a data warehouse to inform modeling approaches, understand customer behavior, research outliers, and prepare data for usage by the quantitative modeling team
· Stress, sensitize, and troubleshoot forecast model results during development phases to ensure reasonable outcomes
· Present model results to LOB CFOs, deposit modeling COE, & other key senior partners
· Build target state back-testing framework for deposit models
· Write formal documentation to support model risk governance & review approval process
· Write technology requirements related to forecast automation and online implementation of final models on the firm wide forecasting framework
· Enhance CCAR/ICAAP submission narrative with most up-to-date logic and chronicle
· Partner with other LOBs and functions to ensure best practices across the entire organization
· Ensure accurate and timely response to Federal Reserve Board (FRB) questions
· Promote consistency of deposit valuation and growth drivers across the business
6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, financial analytics, or quantitative modeling at a large financial institution or management consulting firm
· An outstanding ability to analyze problems, apply quantitative analytical approaches, communicate effectively and confidently (both oral and written), work well in cross-functional teams
· Ability to find relationships and identify patterns in large datasets and to see business implications of findings
· Familiarity of basic statistics
· Able to communicate with a variety of peers including engineering teams, quantitative modeling teams, and business unit executives
· Working knowledge of banking, specifically consumer and small business deposits
· Ability to translate data into concise, insightful, and actionable recommendations
· Experience with analytical tools such as SAS and SQL, or desire to learn
· Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills; VBA is a plus
· Familiarity of Hyperion Essbase
· Aspiration to become a future leader and manager of others at the firm
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.