J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. The Asset & Wealth Management line of business serves institutional, ultra-high net worth, high net worth and retail clients through its Asset Management and Wealth Management businesses. With client assets of $2.4 trillion and assets under management of $1.7 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
J.P. Morgan offers expertise across wealth management disciplines to help clients advance towards their goals. By consistently keeping our clients informed, focusing on risk-adjusted returns and rapidly adjusting to tactical opportunities and risks, we stand by our clients through market cycles. J.P. Morgan's wealth management solutions are provided through the Private Bank and J.P. Morgan Securities Corporation.
As part of its Investments business, JPMorgan's Private Bank manages over $280Bn AUM in discretionary portfolios for over 150,000 clients globally. The portfolio management for these discretionary portfolios is managed on a proprietary global platform called Global Strategic Trading Platform (GSTP) that covers portfolio administration, rebalancing, pre-trade compliance and order routing. The GSTP is managed by the Global Discretionary Investments Technology team.
The position summary:
A Discretionary Workflow Product Owner is needed within the team to manage the features, functionality and product vision for the Discretionary Workflow tickets used to manage trade communications between Investors, Advisors, Client Service and Implementation teams within GSTP. This person will be required to partner across business and technology to align the needs of multiple stakeholders with the larger strategic roadmap for the platform.
The Product Owner should have experience of successful project delivery in the financial services industry (preferably Asset Management and/or Private Banking) and should have experience in managing process flows and data heavy projects. The candidate must have prior business analysis or product development experience and a clear grasp of technical concepts such as data management and business process modeling.
The successful candidate will ensure that various product features align to the overall vision of the platform and ensure the successful execution of the various projects under their remit. He/she must have a solid understanding of both Scrum and Waterfall execution methodologies as they will be involved in all phases of the project lifecycle to aid in successful project completion. He/she must also have strong project management and communication skills which include requirements gathering, engagement in scrum development, and test management. He/she will be a key point of contact between the technology group and business stakeholders.
- Execute on a multi-year roadmap and vison for the discretionary workflow tickets module and ensure that all key stakeholders are continuously in alignment with the strategy
- Create both strategic and tactical solutions in partnership with the development teams to meet the needs of the business and the overall module vision
- Manage the project life cycle from the strategic project planning, execution and on to tactical activities
- Analyse the marketplace (both internal & external to JPMorgan Private Bank) for competing and partner applications
Requirements gathering and management
- Partner with the business to understand the product pipeline for Discretionary Investments and communicate the impact to their technology colleagues
- Flexibility in approach to analysis based on the complexity and scope of the change requested
- High-level understanding & coordination with other technology teams on common functional areas
- Deliver solutions with an equal focus on the operational/business models as well as the technology solution
- Ensure quality in written documentation for requirements, user stories and technical designs
- Ensure that requirements meet the global nature of the business while always taking into account the end-to-end impact of any changes
- Presentation of analysis findings to stakeholders for review and approval
Engagement in the scrum development process and communication
- Act as product owner to produce & prioritize the product/project backlog for development and estimation
- Support developers with inquiries during iterations
- Ensure Testers have proper understanding of requirements so test cases can be developed
- Efficient and effective verbal and written communication both within the Technology team and the stakeholders
- Present technology analysis/design and feedback to stakeholders
- Timely and regular communication of progress to all stakeholders
- Build and reinforce relationships with stakeholders through the whole value chain, as well as with other Tech groups
- Identification, communication and escalation of risks and issues as needed
- Manage projects through the full project life cycle from the strategic project planning, execution and on to tactical activities
- Ensure projects are well defined, aligned to business goals, well documented and appropriately reported
- Ensure all risks and issues are understood, raised, prioritised and escalated (if appropriate) with sufficient time to enable resolution &/or independent decisions to be made
- Enforce a strong controls process that is inclusive while justifying change and quantifying impacts
- Meeting management – ensure all project meetings are effective and appropriately documented
Monitoring for quality in our documentation and deliverables
Qualifications & General requirements:
- Specifications are sufficiently detailed and accurate
- Ensure sufficient testing effort is planned for every stage of the development cycle
- Follow pre-determined guidelines ensuring project artefacts are completed and posted in accordance with the prescribed deadlines
- Ensure documentation for each functional area is kept up to date with functionality release after release
- University degree and/or specialized training along with 8+ years of equivalent work experience
- Experienced in workflow management and process reengineering
- Have a good understanding of the Asset Management and/or Private Banking business as well as extensive knowledge of financial industry concepts
- Excellent business analysis, test planning, activity planning skills. Ability to tailor communication of the plans (i.e., high level vs detailed level) based on the audience it pertains to
- Excellent communication skills. Crisp & Clear verbal communication with the ability to be assertive when speaking to a diverse audience.
- Excellent facilitation skills. Ability to command/lead facilitation meetings with clear & specific agenda. Keep the audience attentive and active in participation of the meetings
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Analytical mind, service-minded approach and keen to resolve problems
- Self starter
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and manage priorities.
- Excellent time management abilities
- Experience of a project based work environment
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Experience of working with a Global team in multiple time zones
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Behavior Driven Development a plus