As a member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, you'll play a big part in designing the platforms, servers, and networks make it possible for us to provide service to our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe each and every day. In this role you’ll call on your experience designing tailored solutions to understand the requirements of a project, test the performance of the infrastructure, and verify that the requirements have been successfully met. As a team, you and your peers will be responsible for driving results, collecting and analyzing monitoring data in test and production, and managing projects to completion. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team of engineers who shares your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Proficient knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Intermediate understanding of LOB technology drivers and their impact on architecture design
- Knowledge of more than one specific infrastructure technology
- Thinks creatively to deliver solutions through continuous improvement
- Reduce infrastructure footprint.
- Reduce mean time to resolution of arising issues.
- Prevent arising issues.
- Allow developers to maintain velocity and deliver better code at a faster rate.
- Validate application design feasibility.
- Lead monitoring best practices within development teams.
- Programming and scripting capabilities used to automate processes to provide efficiency gains.
- Proactively look for tactical and strategic ways to enhance team’s efficiency.
- Help team move towards better DevOps practices through avenues such as automation, self-healing, removing bottlenecks, process improvements, etc.
- Keep abreast of new technologies, quickly learn new tools and practices.
- 5+ years’ experience of Infrastructure Development using one or more of these languages PERL/ PYTHON/ PowerShell and understanding of agile development methodologies
- Experience of modern authentication methods including LDAP, SAML, OAUTH2, OpenID Connect
- Experience with Unix/Linux/Windows including SQL and other DBs
- Partner with storage team on the tools development
- Work with storage vendors on the new technologies
- Experience on On Command Workflow Automation, On Command Unified Manager , On Command Insight
- Development of tools for analyzing ,configuring and troubleshooting different storage vendor products.
- NetApp Manageability SDK experience.
- Isilon oneFS API experience
- XML and JSON experience
- VMware vSphere power CLI experience
- Sound knowledge on Storage system architecture , NetApp, EMC, HP, Object Storage, SAN, NAS
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
©2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.