As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
•Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
•Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
•Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
•Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
•Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages : Java/J2EE with Multithreading
•Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
Business Area Description
The Global Equities Technology stack at J P Morgan is going through a strategic transformation (front to back). This is a multi-year program where the India Tech teams are involved heavily. The technology stack used is predominantly Core Java, C# .NET, C++ and Sybase. We are hiring in the areas of Front Office, Middle Office, Risk Management and Client Intelligence Technologies.
The India Equities Technology organization is 1000+ within JPMorgan’s Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) organization and covers the following functions
- Execution Services Technology comprising of:
- Electronic Trading Technology.
- Flow Sales and Trading.
- Risk Management and Structured products
- Trade Management and Cash Middle Office
- Client Intelligence
- Derivatives and FX Processing
- Securities Processing Technology
- Reconciliations Technology
The ExCAPP technology team is currently developing a new application to calculate the average cost per trade (Securities and Derivatives) the majority of the Markets transactions across CIB. The data will be presented through MIS reports and dashboards for the front office.
We are looking for a strong Java Application Developer to be a part of the ExCAPP Implementation team in Bangalore.
- Design and build scalable and resilient technical solutions
- Create automated unit tests using a Test Driven Development approach
- Develop a good understanding of the business processes and the associated underlying technical procedures.
- Partner with supporting tech leads to develop realistic and achievable project estimates
- Analysis and build within Control, Stability, Resiliency, Capacity & Performance areas.
- Testing: Unit, SIT & UAT planning and management.
- Deliver robust code into the production environment with zero tolerance for post implementation issues
- Take part in decisions affecting long range organizational goals & strategic planning.
- Proactively look to develop, implement and further development best practices across the group.
- Contribute to quality improvement, code reviews, code/architecture standards, code reuse etc.
- Multi-task by working on multiple assignments.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer related field preferred with three (6) plus years of work experience in the industry, preferably with Finance background.
- Expert level knowledge of core Java (at least JDK 1.7) with clear understanding of advanced concepts in design patterns, collection framework, garbage collection, multithreading etc.
- Experience working with Maven, Jenkins, Git/Subversion etc.
- Experience working with related technical frameworks – spring, JMS, JDBC, Hibernate/JPA etc.
- Solid understanding of database concepts and working knowledge with any of the vendors(Preferably Oracle – PL/SQL, Stored Proc, Triggers, Writing and tuning SQL)
- Some experience of providing production support in a Level2/Level3 capacity
- Experience with agile methodologies; SCRUM and Kanban preferred.
- Ability to work with a multi-site / co-located multinational team.
- Experience using FitNesse automated testing tool
- Very Strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Willingness to take ownership of tasks and the ability to work on their own initiative while being a strong team player.
- The candidate will be expected to continually look at improving the processes and procedures in the development life cycle and challenge areas that they see inefficient
- Be conscientious, reliable and inquisitive with a keen desire to learn, not just gain the knowledge necessary for the job but also the underlying reasons and drivers.
- Knowledge of financial instrument features and trade processing for Derivatives, Equities, fixed income, futures and options, and FX is a good to have
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
©2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.