The Wholesale Credit Analytics and Solutions team (WCAS) is responsible for implementing key credit risk practices across Wholesale businesses and ensuring consistency in methodologies within Wholesale Credit Risk. WCAS areas of responsibility include Traditional Credit Product (TCP) stress testing (CCAR/DFAST, ICAAP and Risk Appetite), Basel RWA for TCP, developing the firm's authoritative wholesale credit risk parameter data set, reserve/allowance management, development and implementation of an economic credit capital model, the construction and integration of credit and capital limits, risk grading methodology, and the provision of strategic advice and solutions to the originating businesses.
The Data Management team within WCAS is responsible for developing best-in-class data management function within the WCAS organization and overseeing the overall Data agenda; data needs consolidation, metadata management, data quality management, and data governance for various business functions. The team is responsible for defining the overall WCAS Data strategy in partnership with LOB, Technology, and Operations stakeholders. The team is also responsible for Wholesale Credit Risk Data Governance efforts in partnership with the Chief Data Office.
This position will focus on the following Data Management practice areas:
- Metadata Management – data stewardship activities. Contribute to the Wholesale Credit Risk Data Dictionary build-out –collaborate with partners through working groups to finalize data element definitions and maintain all information in the firm-wide data management tool. Research and document data ownership and data lineage. Be the subject matter expert on respective data elements and source systems.
- Data Management – Support the Data Management agenda across Wholesale Credit Risk. Work in close partnership with LOB, operations, Chief Data Office partners.
- Assist with Data Stewardship for the Wholesale Credit Risk domain
- Perform data lineage analysis to map source data to its various use cases and to identify upstream and downstream dependencies
- Help with identifying operational improvements around WCAS data management and Wholesale Credit Risk Data Governance
- Assist with the documentation of a Wholesale Credit Risk data dictionary
- Coordinate and help prepare materials for the Wholesale Credit Risk Data Governance forum
The role requires experience/expertise in the following areas:
- Business and data analysis, 1-3 years of business experience working with stakeholder teams
- Experience with Data Governance, Data Management, Data Modeling, or Data Quality Management
- Experience with Credit Risk Management and/or Wholesale Credit products
- Data analysis and interpretation skills (willing to learn quickly)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively
- Adaptable to work in an evolving and dynamic environment, with changing priorities, keeping an eye on the overall goal.
- Understanding of concepts and hands-on experience working with relational databases, SQL, and BI tools
- Skills with the core MS Office suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint); familiarity with process-mapping tools (e.g. MS Visio, etc.)