EMEA Sales & Marketing covers the distribution of Markets and Investor Services products to J.P. Morgan’s EMEA client base. Markets Sales covers the distribution of cash and derivative products across Fixed Income, Currencies, Commodities and Equities. The business is organised in a matrix structure, across products (Credit, Rates, FX, Emerging Markets, Commodities, Cash Equities and Equity Derivatives) and regional/client franchises (UK and Ireland; France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Netherlands; Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Nordics; Southern Europe; CEEMEA and Hedge Funds).
Markets Sales Business Management works across the organisation to provide support to senior Sales leadership, and is critical for driving strategic analysis, process improvement, financial analysis and controls.
Responsibilities include the following:
Drive Growth and Strategy
Act as trusted advisor to the Sales Heads supported
Establish business strategy and priorities (in conjunction with Sales Head)
Own and ensure delivery of strategic business initiatives
Drive competitive benchmarking & market analysis
Align front office teams and support groups (Tech, Ops, finance, legal, compliance) to business priorities
Communicate business strategy, performance and priorities (e.g. Town Halls, Offsites, Business Reviews)
Optimize Business Performance
Lead annual Plan / Budget process (in conjunction with Planning & Analysis)
Assist in investment / productivity initiatives (headcount, technology spend, etc)
Drive regular expense reviews to ensure targets are met
Manage Business Risks & Impact of regulations
Assist with regulatory reform issues that impact the business - this has been a key focus especially across European regulations/MiFID this year
Identify, assess and mitigate business risks that could impair the ability to do business
NBIA (New Business Initiatives) & RA (Risk Assessment)
Understanding the business well enough to be able to proactively manage efficiencies through MIS/reporting and creativity
KYC agenda: supporting & marketing thereof across of the businesses on its relative importance to each product/franchise teams
Knowledge , skills and experience required:
• Knowledge of Markets products
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
• Good judgment, maturity and poise to enable interaction/influencing of senior management
• Strong prioritization skills, ability to manage a heavy workload and prioritise key task effectively
• Thoughtful analytical skills; able to develop, clearly present and draw conclusions
• Strong project management/governance skills
• Self-starter with a curious mind
• Disciplined approach to managing processes and controls
• Energetic, self-motivated and effective under pressure - must enjoy the challenge of working within a fast-paced and demanding working environment
• Strong relationship skills and the ability to form partnerships with a number of different functions.
• Disciplined to maintain own work-life balance.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.