About Asset Management:
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. The Asset Management line of business serves institutional, ultra high net worth, high net worth and retail clients through its Global Investment Management and Global Wealth Management businesses. With client assets of $2.3 trillion and assets under management of $1.7 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. (Assets as of June 30, 2016)
About Investment Management:
J.P. Morgan Investment Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
About the Role:
The job of Project Manager requires a person to work as a liaison between multiple departments of JPMorgan Funds and our transfer agent, DST Asset Manager Solutions. They will be involved in a wide range of existing projects and tasks and undertake new projects and responsibilities as determined by the business.
As part of a team of Project Managers, this person will be involved with, or responsible for, numerous annual projects directly impacting JPMorgan Funds’ clients – requiring them to determine the correct populations are captured and to manage the timeliness and correct execution of the events. These projects could range from annual account purges, running fee jobs, fund mergers/liquidations and conversions for specific account populations. They will also share ownership and/or cross-train in recurring responsibilities such as fund setup, our statement/mailing processes, year end tax reporting and BFWeb (direct shareholder account access website).
The individual will also be responsible for reviewing prospectus updates, providing and approving files for fulfilment mailings and maintaining/creating interactive PDF forms for our business. They may be responsible for the setup and recertification process for IDs that have access to our transfer agent’s system. The project manager will also be responsible for handling various quality issues and concerns from different departments within JPMorgan Funds. They will work with the appropriate people and our transfer agent to address the issues and follow up with the status. They will proactively look for opportunities to improve quality, service, efficiency and consistency of procedures and processes across departments.
The individual will be working in a dynamic team environment where they will need to be extremely flexible in tackling new projects and issues as they arise, some that can be time-sensitive requiring the person to prioritize things efficiently. This person needs to be able to effectively run meetings across varying audiences and manage deliverables and deadlines as appropriate. The project manager must adhere to established policies, procedures and legal requirements, communicating sensitive issues to senior personnel and management.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required; experience with Microsoft Access preferred.
- Working knowledge of DST systems - TA2000, TA2000 Desktop, AWD preferred
- Strong analytical skills; high attention to detail and able to quickly identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication and presentation skills; able to communicate effectively across varying audiences and run meetings.
- Able to make sound decisions in the absence of detailed instructions; ability to work independently.
- Strong time management skills and able to prioritize in a demanding environment; able to manage deadlines in a fast-paced business with frequent changes and short deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage and complete a broad range of concurrent assignments/projects with efficiency and accuracy.
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity, initiative, challenge and drive and effectively contribute to a dynamic team environment.
- Working knowledge of mutual fund industry
- Working knowledge of retirement accounts
- Working knowledge of statement and media production preferred
- Working knowledge of Adobe LiveCycle Designer software preferred
- FINRA Series 6 and Series 63 licenses a plus