JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
As a Chase employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you’ll put others first, do what’s right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next – for you and for us.
Chase is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation agenda, which builds on the success of the current mobile and online service offerings. Chase is investing in innovative ways to deepen customer engagement and profitability through the use of digital channels. The ambition is to position Chase as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments and to enable Chase to deliver the highly personalized, real time experiences that customers increasingly expect.
The online and mobile channels for Chase currently support more than 32 million active customers; 9 million customers interact with us daily, making Chase the most visited banking portal in the US. Within Consumer and Community Banking, the Digital IT team is responsible for setting and executing strategies that align with business objectives and drive innovation across Chase Online and Mobile, helping to establish the best Digital banking customer experience in the industry.
Digital is focused on transforming payment capabilities for customers and merchants while driving convergence and standardization across JPMC. Digital encompasses multiple applications and platforms which support credit, debit and other platforms end-to-end from acquirer to issuer.
As Technology Director, you will work with IT leadership to understand business strategy and their implication to application(s) under responsibility. You will be accountable to Business and Technology Management for end to end application scoping, planning, development, implementation and post-implementation maintenance and support. You will prioritize and manage development and implementation of enhancements/changes; oversee installations and Release Management including the final production acceptance review and signoff; manage the issue resolution process for any application production problems; and oversee Operations Monitoring and Capacity Management. You will also oversee formal performance testing process; help manage the relationship with internal and external services vendors to ensure superior service delivery for all application core technologies; work with Application Developers and Business Managers to define and monitor Service Level Agreement's and negotiate appropriate support commitments for existing products; and interact with BITL Manager team and client users to understand and prioritize demand and suggest enhancements. Aditionally, you will manage business baseline technology budget for application - related activities, approve ad hoc, non application - related spending and seek ways to reduce baseline application – related costs.
You will report locally into CCB India Lead and develop the location strategy for Digital India. You will optimizing the work force to deliver solutions faster, cheaper and better. You will functionally align to Digital CIO and be accountable for India based delivery for about 300 resources. You will have executive directors and VPs reporting into you leading large teams.
You will oversee their activities on a day to day basis, as applicable and provide individuals with constructive feedback as it pertains to team performance; coach staff in technical matters and delivering on other job-related responsibilities; conduct performance reviews, appraisals and personal development planning with each team member; and promote effective teamwork and resolve interpersonal issues.
- Lead a team of 300+ to successfully deliver business critical applications/projects
- Work closely with US leadership to build and deliver on location strategy for Digital in India
- You will be responsible for the managing the budget and continuously look for improvements to optimize costs
- Independently takes initiative in driving assignments to completion and solving problems without need for escalation
- Proactively research and develop new technologies, services, solutions, etc.
- Proactively identify gaps in all processes, procedures, monitors, alerts, designs, etc. and provide recommendations on how to resolve
- Perform regular/periodic peer/code reviews
- Work closely with business analyst, quality assurance, and project management resources throughout delivery of solutions
- Ensure service levels are maintained for all applications and resolve production issues within agreed SLAs
- Develop business cases and bring consensus with all stake holders and take it to implementation
- Conduct periodic business reviews and drive key metrics around productivity and quality
- College degree or specialized training / equivalent work experience. Masters degree a plus
- Minimum 20 years of relevant development life cycle experience in systems and applications management including systems/application design
- Self-starter with a strategic mindset who has experience building capabilities and new teams
- Experience managing large teams with multiple levels of reporting, who can set the vision for the long term
- Strong project management and team management skills e.g. planning, budgetary control, people management etc
- Strong communicator with executive presence and ability to influence senior audiences
- Expertise in assigned group of applications/platform to provide application/platform service to multiple clients
- Experience implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures
15+ years experience with full development lifecycle from concept through implementation
5+ years experience with JAVA / C / C++ based application design and development
5+ years experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Tomcat)
- 5+ years experience developing with relational DBs (SQL/MX, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Experience designing and implementing large-scale online transaction processing (OLTP) applications
Experience / expertise with security and controls (standards, tools, and processes)
Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
Experience with development, deployment, and support of large-scale applications in a mission-critical production environment
Experience in Agile development lifecycle methodology
Experience with banking and financial application, payment networks, a plus
Experience with JMS and Messaging Products (ESB knowledge will help)
Experience working with Web Services (preferably using cxf or spring webservices, JSON)
Exposure to Open Source technologies (Spring, spring webflow, maven, junit, IBatis/hibernate, Jenkins CI)
Experience with Enterprise Integration Patterns (like spring integration, Camel, Mule)
Experience with various software development methodologies in a large scale organization.
Exceptional written and verbal skills
Experience designing and deploying large, robust, operationally sound production systems