GTI Service Operations (SO) is responsible for service support and delivery for JPMorgan Chase's (JPMC) Global Technology Infrastructure. Through its Global Service Desk and Infrastructure Operations Centers, Service Operations provide global, coordinated diagnostic and support services, while it’s Production Assurance and Support functions leverage and execute industry leading infrastructure management and support processes that are designed to minimize customer outages and impacts.
JPMorgan Chase has one of the biggest storage environments in the World, servicing a heterogeneous compute system within geographically disperse setting. This position is part of the JPMorgan Chase SAN Storage support team; focusing in finding the underlying issues that impair our systems from performing at its best. Our goal is to fix issues before they impact the stability and resiliency of our applications.
This position requires an extensive background in SAN management and support, and experience with the server side as well. We support a widespread of OS version, age and configuration; including AIX, Linux, ESX and Windows.
The environment is extremely complex, comprised of CISCO and BROCADE switches; EMC, HDS, SUN and IBM arrays, thus, this position requires an engineer that has a high level of energy and is seeking a challenge.
- Management, maintenance, and support of data storage solutions, utilizing EMC VMAX and VNX arrays; HUS; SolidFire; ScaleIO; 3Par; as well as IBM XIV
- Ability to identify opportunity for performance improvement on CISCO and BROCADE fabrics
- Provides multi-level technical support in defining, developing and evaluating storage products to meet client needs
- Supports these activities by diagnosing, reproducing and fixing software and hardware issues
- Provides recommendations to improve the storage infrastructure and address/lead critical issues and analysis
- Performing detailed array/host level SAN performance analysis and recommending solutions to clients
- Utilizing tools like EMC Unisphere / Performance analyzer, Hitachi Tuning Manger and other Performance Analysis tools to carry out performance analysis.
- Once issues are identified, this position requires ability to put a plan in place to implement fixes and close out such issues, taking into account, the complexity and size of the environment
- Remediating SAN side performance related issues proactively. This includes remediating issues both in arrays and SAN fabrics.
- Works with partner storage teams to ensure the appropriate storage level provisioning is maintained. Monitors server/storage infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems identified by system administrators or through monitoring software. Investigates, identifies and documents proposals that will improve application recoverability
- SAN switch technology management, storage provisioning, LUN masking, zoning, performance management, and volume management
- Engaging internal customers
- Attendance on management and technical bridges through incident resolution and preparation and presentation of root cause analysis
- Coordinating and driving both internal and external vendor IT support teams in resolution activities
- Executing assigned Change Request to JPMC standards and controls
- Providing on-going improvements to event monitoring
- Provides management with strategic and tactical recommendations for SAN environments
- Ensure high availability and resiliency across the SAN products and services
- Development Skill sets including: Python, Cloud frameworks, Angular, and a mindset for automation.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.