Services is the global payment acceptance and merchant acquiring business of
JPMorgan Chase & Co. Merchant
Services is a leading provider of payment, fraud management and data security
solutions, capable of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies. The
company’s proprietary platforms provide integrated commerce solutions for all
major credit and debit card payments as well as mobile payments. Merchant
Services has uniquely combined proven payment technology with a long legacy of
merchant advocacy that creates quantifiable value for ecommerce companies. Merchant Services is the #1 Merchant Acquirer
Worldwide, based on volume, by The Nilson Report in April 2016. We are #1 in eCommerce volume in Europe,
based on The Nilson Report. Merchant
Services is also #1 in Merchant Processing Volume in the US with more than 20%
market share, by The Nilson Report in April 2017. Double-digit growth year over year in
processing volume is evidence of our best-in-class distribution and the
advantage we have in the market place with ChaseNet and Chase Pay.
The Merchant Services Analytics team (reporting into the Head of Product for Merchant Services) is responsible for defining and executing the multi-year global analytics strategy and roadmap (e.g., optimizing payments performance of global merchants as well as driving payments innovation through analytics based insights products with an engaging user experience). The team is also driving the build out the analytics environment, establishing cross-functional and cross line of business data assets (across Chase, Treasury Services, Digital, Commercial Banking) and shaping Merchant Services analytics best practices overall.
Payment Analytics Strategy & Solutions Delivery Manager (ED) has end to end responsibility for defining and executing analytics focused programs – powered by big data analytics - for Merchant Services. Tangible output of the programs typically are payments insights that drive optimization of authorization, chargeback and cost of payments for large merchants – as well as deep customer and business insights. As the analytics mature, these insights can be productized into data insights products for merchants (“insights as a service”)
The role is a mix of strategy consulting (defining the “what”, problem solving, client interactions), program management (leading the development and roll out of data/analytics driven solutions) and occasional hands on analytics as part of rapid prototyping; The role requires excellent strategic thinking to engage with C-level executives on defining the data and analytics roadmaps that drive business value and then running execution for the programs in close collaboration with Data Science, Development Operations and Big Data Infrastructure
This position will report to the Head of Analytics for Merchant Services.
Ideal for manager level candidates of top tier strategy consulting firms with very strong analytics and big data affinity.
Core Competencies/Key Priorities:
· Management consulting skillset (impact orientation, business understanding, program management, executive presence)
· Client service focus (for merchants as well as internal business stakeholders)
· Affinity for technology and product management (and end to end product development)
· Leadership and presence to engage with the highest levels at JPMorgan Chase
· Exceptional analytical acumen and demonstrated ability to advance thinking to “best in class”, with a digital mindset
· Proven record of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
· Appreciation for controlled execution and applicable regulatory requirements
· Ability to concisely articulate complex information in both verbal and written form
· Strong interpersonal skills to both partner with and influence stakeholders
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
· Define the “what” – based on understanding on what adds business value to our merchant and Merchant Services as a business
· Drive and own end to end progress – based on clear understanding of the “what”, needs to make decisions and review output that lead to overall positive outcome
· Align the firm – delivering a merchant solution requires collaborating across many cross-functional groups (e.g., analytics, sales, technology, data, compliance, legal); the solutions delivery manager needs to have a good understanding of all functions (with a spike in analytics) and create alignment by working across these functions
· Define and deliver consultative support for both internal and external analytics insights based on large volumes of data
· Develop strategy for utilization of external data sources to improve insights and analytical conclusions
· Improve the data quality of current reporting to support the delivery of insights across all analytics platforms globally
· Develop ways in which we can use our data assets for clients to improve their experience
· Define content and build analytics to enable direct delivery mechanisms, value added tools / services for clients
· Definition and execution of new business models / services based on data
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.