OTC Derivatives Valuation Sr. Analyst – Corporate & Investment Bank, Dallas, TX
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and
institutions in more than 100 countries.
Derivative Operations provides operational support across the CIB (Corporate & Investment Bank) covering eight key product areas
including FX, OTC Derivatives, Collateral Principal, 3rd Party Derivatives, Cleared Derivatives, Agency Collateral, Billing and CASS with
~1,900 employees. Services provided to our Businesses include:
· OTC Derivatives Valuations, Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client
Service, Invoicing and CASS Support
· Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of $217B via FX trading, leading a Markets OTC portfolio of 2.5M trades,
servicing >200 3rd party clients, performing 10,000 margin calls, processing 470k cleared and intermediated trades and
producing >9,000 invoices
Third Party Derivatives broadly supports the below OTC derivatives services:
· Independent Valuations – instruction capture, generate in-house / source TPV valuations and cash flows; reconcile to the
fund manager/ counterparties; standard reporting
· Middle Office – same service as Independent Valuations plus confirmation/ settlement management
· Asset Verification – As a utility to T&F, produce Independent Asset Verification of OTC/FX & CFD trades
Would suit someone looking for a flexible working opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Fort Worth Metroplex. Through legacy organizations, J.P. Morgan’s presence in Dallas-Fort Worth has been felt for over 100 years. Employees in the DFW metroplex provide a wide range of support for the firm’s day-to-day global business activities. More than 11,000 professionals, representing all of the firm’s lines of business and functional groups, work at our campuses. The firm is investing in creating a world-class corporate center in Dallas-Fort Worth with refurbished and high performance workplaces, state-of-the-art technology and collaboration tools, and the type of facilities our employees need and deserve. It’s a first-class environment, where people take great pride in the important work they do for the company.
The J.P. Morgan International (JIP) campus is made up of three buildings cloistered around a small park and pond. The campus population is made up of JPM employees and other companies renting space in buildings two and three. Onsite amenities include a back-up daycare, Bright Horizons, caring for children from 6 weeks to 12 years old. An onsite Wellness center is staffed with a doctor and two registered nurses. A small convenience store is located in building one and a full service cafeteria is located in building two. Dallas Area Rapid Transit has a stop on campus and each building has an attached parking garage with easy access to the buildings. Staff have access to join a wide range of Business Resource Groups representing an inclusive group of employees who voluntarily work together to advance JPMorgan Chase’s position in the global marketplace by leveraging the unique perspectives of their members culture. A new Dallas Corporate Center is under construction to house more than 6,000 employees with a projected move in date early 2018 for the JIP campus.
The OTC Derivatives Valuation Control Group (VCG) is organized into a team of OTC derivatives valuation and quantitative analysts
based in London, Dallas, and Mumbai. The VCG team provides OTC derivatives valuations to institutional clients, asset managers,
hedge funds, and insurance companies who have outsourced part or all of their operations to J.P. Morgan. The VCG team is the first
line of support for complex valuations and managing valuation queries for both internal and external clients. The team functions within
the business as Subject Matter Experts for OTC derivatives valuation.
The team is looking for a Senior Analyst to assist with OTC derivatives valuation, as well as projects related to new product testing /
analysis and client on-boarding. This is a unique opportunity to work in a cross-asset environment with exposure to all types of OTC
derivatives from vanilla to complex products.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Provide independent valuation services to internal and external clients across a wide array of OTC derivative products
including rates, credit, equity, FX, inflation, cmdty, and volatility / variance swaps
- Producing and analyzing valuation movements within client portfolios on a daily basis. This will also involve comparing and
analyzing OTC valuations across multiple sources and the candidate should be able to clearly articulate any valuation
movements through the Greeks
- Establish and develop strong relationships with both internal and external clients
- Resolve ad-hoc issues, including queries related to third party valuations, procedures and processes
Skills and Qualifications
- OTC Derivatives knowledge across multiple asset classes, including sensitivity analysis (pv01, delta, gamma, vega, theta, rho,
etc,..) and how these are calculated and used to analyze OTC valuations
- 2-5 years of prior Middle Office or Trading Desk experience with a background in derivatives
- A proactive, pragmatic approach to problem solving; good mathematical background; ability to perform well in a fast-paced
environment; self-motivating; exhibit a natural curiosity
- Experience in Bloomberg, Reuters, other trading or risk mgmt platforms
- Advanced degree (MS, CFA, FRM, CQF) or progression towards, is highly positive