JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. JPMorgan Chase & Co.is committed to providing a comprehensive set of benefits choices to meet different employee needs and lifestyles, which include choices such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Fully paid parental leave time, health care insurance and retirement benefits.
Commercial Banking serves more than 30,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. The Firm's broad platform positions the Commercial Bank to deliver extensive product capabilities - lending, treasury services, investment banking, and asset management - to meet our clients' domestic and international financial needs.
The Commercial Banking Client On-boarding (CBCO) Implementations group is responsible for driving and coordinating all aspects of the setup of custom card and cash management services including working with key internal partners to ensure a best in class experience with our clients.
The CBCO team is seeking a Project Management Associate (PMA) who will support the administrative needs of two Managing Directors as well as project management support for low to medium scale projects for the Commercial Banking Implementation (CBI) and Commercial Banking International Onboarding (CBIO) teams.
- Telephone coverage for multiple executives
- Actively manage the calendars of two MDs and work effectively with other administrative assistants to coordinate/plan meetings and conference calls, which may involve numerous time zones
- Book international & domestic travel arrangements and organize itineraries
- Process timely and accurate travel expense reports
- Assist with staff onboarding and off boarding which includes requesting equipment setup and system access
- Manage general office needs such as ordering supplies, mail distribution, and floor maintenance
- Manage individual projects from end to end
- Other administrative/general tasks
- Maintain department equipment (fax machines, copiers, printers, etc.)
- Coordinate group coverage (i.e., vacations, training and temporary assistance
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Develop program/projects scope, goals, project plans, and milestones
- Manage project timelines and track and execute against required deliverables
- Resolve conflicts and successfully manage project/task dependencies
- Facilitate meetings with Senior Managers and key stakeholders to communicate updates, directional changes and key risks/issues while influencing outcomes and driving resolution
- Build proactive partnerships with business and functional partners
- Some travel required (10%) to work with internal partners