Corporate and Investment Bank - Legal – Senior Exotics Derivatives Lawyer – Executive Director
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
An exceptional lawyer in the exotics legal team providing support to a structured derivatives business within a leading US investment bank. The role focuses on structured OTC derivatives and securitised products, predominantly referencing equities, but also referencing funds, commodities, credit, rates and hybrid combinations of these asset classes. The successful candidate will report to the head of the exotics legal team. The exotics legal team provides coverage for the structured derivatives business across Europe, the Middle East and Africa and forms part of the larger investment bank legal team supporting the equities business. This is a high profile and technically challenging role requiring strong drafting skills and a strong understanding of the legal and commercial aspects of equity and other derivative transactions.
An exceptional lawyer to join the EMEA Markets’ Legal Group providing support to the equity derivatives and the cross-asset investable index businesses within a leading US investment bank. The role primarily focuses on: (a) in-house developed proprietary indices across all asset classes and transactions linked to these indices, and (b) structured OTC derivatives and securitised products, predominantly referencing equities, but also covering other asset classes (funds, commodities, credit, rates and hybrids). This is a high profile and technically challenging role requiring strong drafting skills and a strong understanding of the legal and commercial aspects of equity and other derivative transactions.
- Working with the business to draft proprietary index rules and to assist in identifying and resolving legal and regulatory issues surrounding the establishment and ongoing governance of the indices.
- Possibility for the successful candidate to manage a small team of lawyers supporting the investable index business.
- Providing assistance to the business in structuring complex deals, liaising with external counsel where necessary/appropriate.
- Working closely with the business from inception to the close of transactions, including identifying legal and regulatory issues relevant to the transaction and the drafting and negotiating of transaction documentation.
- Assisting and advising on regulatory change and implementation affecting the businesses.
- Liaising with other internal departments such as compliance, tax, credit and risk
- Lawyer must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of that state/jurisdiction
- Team player, confident, dynamic and proactive, with interest in working closely with the business.
· Exceptional organisational and communication skills.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Strong interest in transactional and policy work, including regulatory implementation
· Experience with derivative transactions, debt capital markets and/or structured products
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.