The Legal, Compliance and Securities (LCS) organization supports regulatory and compliance requirements of the Corporate Compliance line of business with applications that monitor and report on suspected anti-money laundering activities; applications that screen activities of individuals and companies; and applications that manage and monitor compliance and surveillance activities
The Compliance application portfolio is experiencing significant growth as existing applications are being expanded to include global capabilities and are being re-platformed to meet scalability needs and regulatory requirements.
The Application Support Engineer is responsible for application production support and problem determination. The Application Support Engineer will provide Incident support upon escalation and drive problem resolution. The Engineer will provide input to Service Strategy and Continual Service Improvement across the application portfolio. The Application Support Engineer will own root cause analysis and provide tactical and strategic solutions. This position will be focused on proactive analysis to drive down outage minutes, improve recovery time, improve monitoring and reduce time to engage, as well as implement strategic solutions and training other member of the team. The Application Support team requires operational expertise with Web, OS (Linux, UNIX, Windows), and DB (Oracle, MS SQL), monitoring and batch processing.
In this role, you will be responsible to:
- Support operations, projects, and capability improvement for the entire service lifecycle, including the key functions of:
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Event Management
- Risk Management
- Change Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Knowledge Management
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- Information Security Management
- DR execution
- Interface with Development and Operations to approve & facilitate changes or updates
- Interface with Development and Operations to address & diagnose performance issues
- Interface with QA and Development to ensure good testing processes and standards
- Plan and execute Infrastructure projects
- Plan and execute Risk Management projects
- Identifying problems and opportunities, and participate in developing workarounds and solutions
- Participate and own investigation and resolution of complex problems related to supported technologies, drive RCA process.
- Provide escalated ticket/incident management for LCS supported applications as well as will participate in defect management, issue tracking/trending.
- Taking leadership in owning issue resolution and driving them to completion.
- Ensuring that incident and problem management processes and procedures are followed and adhered to standards.
- Ensuring that change management processes and procedures are followed and adhered to standards.
- Communicating to end users, engineers, and operations
- Work with the vendor on any support cases to seek out and test resolutions.
- Provide performance /capacity metrics and ad hoc reporting of the same
- Provide technical expertise and share knowledge within team as required
- The team works 12x7 365 days and provides Level 1 to 3 application support.
- Monitor the application performance and provide technical support as required
- Ability to learn new products and technologies outside of background experience
- 3+ years of experience with SQL, Oracle or MS SQL
- 3+ years of experience as a Subject matter Expert or Lead in IT operations, software support, and projects
- 4+ years of experience in IT operations
- 3+ years of experience in formal incident and problem management
- 1+ years of experience in Change Management from a Support point of view
- Knowledge of ITIL processes
- Experience with escalated ticket management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with creating process, procedures, and documentation relating to incident management or systems operations
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, and within a team environment.
- Ability to work with Application Development , Business Analysts , Quality Assurance and associated Technology/Operations Teams to understand all application layer functions and related downstream
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.