About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
J.P. Morgan is seeking talented candidates for a position as Executive Director in our Global Payments & FX Partnerships team in Treasury Services. Our focused group of professionals is composed of top performers from top payments, fintech, banking, consulting firms, and other internal JPMorgan Chase groups.
Historically, our payments business has focused primarily on moving funds around the world from our bank to other banks in other countries. However, the world is changing rapidly and there are multiple ways to send and receive money often faster than ever previously imagined. Transforming our network from a mono-line bank-to-bank model to one which is channel and payment type ubiquitous is critical to our growth plans.
The primary function is to drive the transformation of the global payments & FX network which supports our Treasury Services business. This role will support the identification, development and relationship management of new network partners around the world so that we can offer our clients new payments products and services. In the APAC region, the Executive Director will have a major focus on building out our regional acquiring capability as part of our overall network and partnerships strategy. A lay part of this will also be building a regional team to support the plan execution. The Executive Director will help set the strategy and priorities for new market capabilities, emerging payment types and potential network partners. The role will also make recommendations for new products and services to increase value to JPMC’s clients. This role is all about making it happen with a rigorous and laser sharp focus on execution to develop market leading capabilities. This is a high profile role which will require very careful attention to detail (e.g. owning and running approval and syndication processes) while always keeping the mission in mind (e.g. business plan tracking).
The Executive Director is responsible for gathering market intelligence on new and existing capabilities including (but not limited to) electronic clearing, card, mobile and digital currency capabilities. For new providers, the Executive Director will conduct structured assessments and make recommendations for partner selection. The Executive Director is also responsible for pricing and service negotiations and for technical enablement, interfacing directly with partners to gather requirements.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations, states and municipalities entrust us with their business. We offer our clients a full suite of global financial services and capabilities, providing strategic advice, raising capital, managing risk, and extending liquidity in markets around the world. Not only is our goal to help clients succeed, we are committed to contributing to orderly and well functioning markets and supporting global economic growth across our businesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead overall APAC acceptance and disbursement partnership strategy and its execution
- Assess, define and refine regional requirements to build a winning acceptance and disbursement platform
- Identify partners to support the creation of the platform
- Drive the design of the overall solution
- Team management and development
- Identify talent in key markets such as China, India and Singapore
- Recruit, develop, retain talent to successfully support execution of the plan
- Relationship Management
- Evaluate provider capabilities and recommend potential partners
- Inquire about new products/services to increase value to JPMC’s clients
- Onboard new partners through TPO, Legal, Compliance processes
- Monitor existing provider performance and create benchmarks for service levels
- Project Management
- Lead all internal syndication and approval processes
- Meet all new initiative delivery schedules / targets
- Redesign existing processes (where relevant) to create capacity so that the business plan is delivered on schedule
- Network Enablement
- Build technical capabilities required for payment processing
- Troubleshoot technical and operational issues to ensure seamless client experience
- Market Research
- Research markets to understand payment flows and market differences
- Analysis of external data e.g. ecommerce and alternative payment flows by country
- Report new opportunities and changes with go-forward recommendations
- Identify new partner opportunities and maintain Fintech prospect list
- Educate JPMC business on payment channels
- Offer in-depth explanations on complex payment systems to improve Sales’ capabilities
- 10+ years in a Payments Product, Payments Network Management, Fintech, or other relevant Consulting role
- Expert knowledge on APAC acquiring / acceptance and disbursement methods and partners
- A track record demonstrating a high level of personal initiative, setting and achieving challenging goals, and demonstrating entrepreneurial leadership
- A bias towards action and focusing on delivering the end in mind at all times
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving with internal and external partners
- Strong project management skills
- An outstanding ability to analyze problems and perform detailed research
- Experience in initiatives/projects to resolve diverse problem solving challenges
- Considers risk in interactions with clients/ partners and controls risks; understands the regulatory environment faced by the business and structures recommendations accordingly
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required
- Travel will be required
- Proven track-record of partnering with banks and non-banks (including Fintechs) for the provision of payments services
- Successfully demonstrated track-record of building out new country and payment capabilities over a sustained period of time