Business Intelligence Developer (602 – Software Engineer)
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
• Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
• Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
• Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
• Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
• Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
Legal Technology (LT) is part of Corporate Technology’s Compliance & Legal Technology organization, which delivers technology solutions to support Legal as they advise the business on applicable laws, regulations and rules that govern our business globally, and assess and measure compliance and related risks, and monitor and test the adequacy of the firm's compliance control environment. Legal Technology is the steward for the design, build and management for the firm’s Legal Technology portfolio across all Lines of Business and global regions. Legal Technology is responsible for partnering with our clients on evolving business capabilities, improving end user experience with our solutions and services, and ensuring that we continue to provide continuous improvement on the systems that are relied upon across the firm. Legal Technology supports legal functions covering Matter & Spend Management, eDiscovery Platform Services, Knowledge Management and Lifecycle Management.
This Business Intelligence (BI) Software Engineer position will be primarily responsible for Data Warehouse, Reporting & Analytics development & support within JP Morgan’s Legal Technology. Responsibilities will include analysis, design, construction, testing, optimization, and deployment of BI technologies including but not limited to Oracle, Informatica, QlikView/Tableau, Business Objects as well as advanced analytics tools (e.g. Python, R etc.). The BI Engineer will need to work effectively with a globally distributed team of developers & product owners/stakeholders to implement reporting & analytics solutions leveraging the JPMC Legal generated data. Overall, the ideal candidate for this position will be highly analytical, skilled in data warehouse & reporting methodologies, adept at database queries & tools and have expertise in the visualization and presentation of enterprise data.
Skills and Experience
· Proficient in application development skills for more than one business intelligence technology including data warehouse (Oracle/SQL), reporting (Business Objects), visualization (QlikView/Tableau) and/or advanced analytics tools & methodologies
· 3+ years of comprehensive analysis and design experience with demonstrated knowledge of Oracle based data warehouse / database structures.
· 3+ years of recent experience in SQL, PL/SQL.
· 2+ years of recent experience developing reports on Business Objects or QlikView/Tableau (or a similar platform).
· 2+ years of experience in Linux/Unix & scripting (Shell, PERL, Python etc.)
· Strong communication skills with demonstrated experience coordinating development cycles and project management.
· Strong troubleshooting & analysis skills with a passion for problem solving
· Self-starter that can work alone and as part of a team
· Communicates effectively with team and stakeholders to gain shared understanding of strategic requirements
· Strong data analysis skills and problem solving ability
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.