JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
We are seeking an ambitious and experienced technologist to help drive the Resiliency controls agenda, and work streams using your technical and business expertise for the CIB Production Management Team. You will have an understanding of Resiliency and the associated risks and issues and will be responsible for working closely with other technologists across the globe to define and test the resilience plans for individual systems, teams and lines of business. You will be engaged for the entire lifecycle of the initiative(s), from inception, requirements gathering, opportunity analysis, resource planning, cross-organizational engagement, managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to stakeholders.
Role will require coordination of major infrastructure events and assist with mainframe stability and resiliency related work.
A successful candidate should have excellent communication skills and will be at home explaining the progress and challenges in execution with the team on the ground. A successful candidate is proactive, effective and efficient team member, ensuring progress is reliable, measurable and meaningful. When faced with a lack of knowledge, you engage expertise to learn what you need to know in order to structure conversations, positions and recommendations.
Roles and Responsibilities
Some of the responsibilities are listed below:
Evaluating impacts and collisions for all new and rescheduled major changes for CIB; providing scheduling approval; and communicating the major event calendar (including scheduling changes) to CIB globally.
Communicating major event process including deferral/cancellation process as well as milestone requirements to CIB.
Active participation in the major event planning meetings through the planning sessions and beyond.
Attend/manage root cause meetings for collision-related deferrals of scheduled major events
Evaluate CIB mainframe applications’ data backup processes ensuring subsequent restore capabilities support a cyber bare metal system rebuild.
Evaluate CIB mainframe applications’ recovery plan quality ensuring recovery information is current to enhanced data center capabilities.
• Gather requirements and define the scope of project(s). Ensure proper resourcing allocation and develop a plan and schedule, with well-defined milestones
• Manage projects and activities within work streams and across technology teams
• Keep work streams and projects on-schedule with proper level of transparency and escalation
• Understand the technical intent and content behind the project to help drive successful outcomes
• Facilitate collaboration and cross-impacts between work streams
• Remove roadblocks and keep activities running smoothly and on-schedule
• Create regular management status reporting. Highlight issues and risks
• Maintain Global relationships with various other support teams as well as business users
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in managing technology projects
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in mainframe technology
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to successfully partner across organizations
- Ability to resolve conflict & facilitate decision-making
- Proven ability to make complex decisions based on experience, analysis and judgment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with Microsoft Project is preferred
- Data analysis skills sufficient to manage large amounts of data
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate with senior Technology management
- Proven ability to influence others across all contributing teams and disciplines
- Ability to work independently
- Strong team player, ability to build relationships from both a business and technical point of view