Business Operations Analyst– Portfolio Risk Team
Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) is a Commercial Banking business located in 101 offices across the US and Canada. MMBSI provides credit, cash management, capital markets and corporate finance advisory solutions to corporations, municipalities and not-for-profit entities via our Core Banking and Specialized Industries teams. MMBSI covers more than 18,000 clients with Core Banking teams generally focusing on clients with annual revenues of $20 million to $500 million. In MMBSI, our competitive advantages include robust international capabilities, the ability to provide clients with access to world-class investment banking solutions and our focus on industry specialization. These key differentiators, combined with our dedication to personalized service and local delivery, allow us to build long-term relationships with mid-sized businesses and a wide spectrum of municipalities and not-for-profit entities.
The Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries Business Operations’ (MMBSI Bus Ops) critical objective is to deliver key controls and operational risk management oversight nationally for the MMBSI business. The MMBSI Bus Ops is the single point of contact for all functional control partners (e.g., Product, Legal, Compliance, Internal Audit, Regulatory, Oversight and Controls) and is responsible for the identification of areas for control enhancement and process improvement. Other areas of focus include execution of projects related to the firm-wide regulatory and control agendas, the measurement and testing of key controls, the identification of emerging control issues and implementation of policies/procedures to address these issues.
The Business Operations Analyst role will report to the Business Operations Manager for the Portfolio Risk Team and provide support across the various team initiatives. The Portfolio Risk team is dedicated to understanding, analyzing and developing recommendations related to the various operational, AML and reputational risks that exist within the MMBSI client portfolio. In addition to this, responsibilities also include efforts related to strategic process improvement / enhancement. The team interacts heavily with banking / market teams, subject matter experts, functional control partners and senior leaders across MMBSI, the wider CB, and JPMC. The team leads a large volume of fast paced, highly visible projects which often have significant impact to the MMBSI Business, and the results of which tend to be socialized with both MMBSI and CB executive management. Deliverables tend to be non-routine, complex, unmapped and offer the ability to approach solutions in a creative manner. Due to the nature of the projects assigned, a highly adaptable self-starter with strong skills in project management, data analysis, presentation and communication would excel in this role.
- Work with Business Operations Manager and other team members to support the risk and control function.
- Assist in / manage projects that address business-identified or team-identified issues and control gaps. This involves initial research, development of the problem statement, identification and management of the working group, solution development and approval, implementation and finalized procedures.
- Act as the conduit from the MMBSI Bus Ops and the various control functional partners to execute deliverables that have a banker and Client impact.
- Liaise extensively with Bankers and non-Banker professional staff for the facilitation and execution of projects that are risk, compliance or control-focused and to communicate and articulate processes, procedures and requirements
- Participate in detailed risk assessments focused on specific clients, client groups, products or unique components of the business
- Participate in process improvement initiatives to enhance the client experience within a controlled environment
- Develop clear and concise reports and presentation materials, with actionable recommendations that drive continuous improvement in business process control function effectiveness, to be shared with senior management and other relevant stakeholders
- Develop strong relationships with business partners
The final officer title and job grade is at the discretion of the firm and will be discussed at the time of offer. It may be different than what is listed on the requisition based on candidate experience level.