JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
Global Supplier Services Operations is responsible for the global procurement processes, payment of vendor invoices, reimbursement of business travel & entertainment expenses, processing & reporting of corporate fixed assets and all associated taxes. GSSO comprises of Source to Pay Operations, Fixed Assets & Accounting operations, Travel & Entertainment, Indirect tax operations managed out of onshore and offshore hubs.
Formed in March 2017, the Source to Pay (S2P) Operations group exists to ensure the end-to-end cycle from the Sourcing of goods or services through to the payment of the associated invoices is executed with excellence.
Encompassing Sourcing Operations, Supplier Set Up, Contract Administration, Procurement, Invoicing & Payments, this team cover the full supply chain for JPMorgan Chase’s $17Bn of Sourceable spend.
The Source-to-Pay Operations team exists to empower our customers to seamlessly fulfil their buying needs in an industry leading online marketplace.
We will deliver unmatched service excellence and accelerate the Source-to-Pay experience through exceptional people, controlled processes and innovative technology.
Our vision is for the Source-to-Pay Operational process to be the most controlled the most intuitive, the most transparent and the most efficient process in CAO.
Source to Pay Operations is founded upon our teams working in two key focus areas.
The position available is for a full-time S2P Invoice & Payments (I&P) product manager within Global Invoicing & Payments product who will play a key role in the identifying, planning & executing of various strategic business initiatives. Due to the global nature of the team, the individual should expect to be involved in projects across many time zones and work on a number of the different systems used globally by GSSO. Some of the current/upcoming initiatives include Payables Optimization program involving operationalization of early payment discounts, rolling out dynamic discounting program globally and Single Use Account payment method. Other programs include centralization of invoice entry, invoice cycle time reduction project and etc.
S2P I&P product Manager has responsibility for planning & leading projects, managing the scope, stakeholder management, budget, resources, risks and change management around a project. Deep understanding of Procure to Pay process along with strong leadership & management capabilities are essential skills that should be present in this individual. There may be an opportunity/requirement to travel domestic (within US) and internationally.
The S2P I&P product manager will need to liaise closely with the operations staff based offshore (India) and onshore (US & UK). As part of the projects, strong partnership with corporate technology and collaboration with other Global Supplier Services functions will be required.
The product manager will be required to participate in the following activities:
- Document business case and value addition for each transformation project
- Create and manage project plans
- Document as-is and to be business process maps in relation to project
- Senior management and stakeholder communications
- Create, lead, administrate, facilitate and deliver training courses and materials, as required
- Overall responsibility in the value delivery of business initiatives
- Engage in other business initiatives as required
The following skills are essential:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Expert knowledge in procure to pay processes with advanced understanding of invoicing & payment processes
- Proactive and analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to pick up new concepts and technology quickly, including an understanding of the detail
- Experience in root causing, identifying process flaws and redeveloping processes
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills for self
- The ability to document conceptual, technical and operational information accurately and clearly
- Outstanding communication skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team & value others’ view and input
- Ability to work and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to multitask and deliver multiple deliverables at once
- Microsoft skills at intermediate or advanced level, especially in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Results oriented with a focus on efficiency
- Exhibits a thorough understanding of a client’s business and actively seeks input to anticipate client needs & effectively meets or exceeds them
- Effectively listens to issues, eliminates extraneous information and assesses the underlying client need, provides resolutions
- Ability to question how things are done or voice a differing opinion
- Intermediate influencing and relationship management skills with clients and technology partners
- Generates creative ideas for continuous improvement
- Ability to question traditional or conventional practices and initiate action
- Be prepared to commit outside of normal hours as appropriate and to travel to global locations as necessary
The ideal candidate will also possess the following skills and experience:
- Operations management experience within invoicing and payments area
- Understanding of business process improvement methodology
- Experience working remotely without direct supervision
- Basic knowledge of SAP & Ariba systems