JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
The Compliance team supports compliance, and manages and maintains reference data to ensure that our customers, employees, and lines of business are in adherence with firm standards and required regulations.
Our mission is to improve the quality of reference data used across the organization and provide compliance operational support across the firm’s global businesses and functions. We are driving a culture of quality and continuous improvement toward the best outcome for client experience, our colleagues and JPMorgan Chase. We do the right thing, even when it’s not the easy thing.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity, and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at JPMorgan Chase.
The Compliance organization provides management and oversight associated with operational support for Global Compliance including the development of operational centers of excellence for compliance functions which are operational in nature including: Alerts (Level 1 Alerts Disposition), AML Investigations OFAC/Client Screening, Due Diligence, Look Backs, Disclosure of Interest, Account Activity Reviews, Personal Account Dealing, and Licensing & Registration.
Compliance is responsible for supporting and leading aspects of the firm's Anti-Money Laundering (AML) program. The team works closely with the AML Program Management Office, Global Financial Crimes Compliance and the enterprise-wide control program teams to identify, remediate and track issues, and develop controls to sustain improvements as they are made. The company's responsibilities related to Anti-Money Laundering span every business, function and region - and apply to every customer and client of the firm.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Team is an integral part of the Controls environment within Compliance and is responsible for conducting a continuous analysis against internal procedures and regulatory requirements to ensure quality, completeness, and accuracy. The QA team supports the review of activities performed by several Compliance teams that support the firm’s Global AML Prevention Program with the primary focus placed on review and analysis of AML alerts reviewed by the Alerts and AML Investigations teams..
For Alert Analysis - the QA team analyzes alert details to confirm whether the analyst provided sufficient factual data to justify why the alert was cleared as well as an explanation as to why the alerted activity was deemed low risk. Re-performance is conducted in some cases to conclude the disposition.
The Quality Associate will be responsible for analyzing, investigating, and escalating alerts and suspicious transactional activity. The candidate should have the ability to analyze large amounts of data, decipher higher risk attributes (transactional, geographical, product, customer type, etc.) and appropriately disposition by utilizing analytical skills and research results. There will be a strong expectation to liaise with Senior Management and other units at the bank. The candidate will operate under the supervision of the Compliance Manager and may receive guidance from Senior Compliance Management.
- Interpretation of AML Risk standards, guidelines, policies and procedures
- Make risk based determination through Quality Analysis whether alerts were properly cleared by Compliance Alerts Analysts
- Ensure Alert data has been accurately collected and documented, including but not limited to:
- Investigations data
- Suspicious Activity Reports (SARS) & Currency Transaction Reports (CTR)
- Know Your Customer (KYC) information
- Any relevant account and transaction data
- All required information which would assist in an investigation
- While performing Inspect and Repair of Analyst work, responsibilities will also include:
- Analysis and detection of process defects
- Cause and effect of defects
- Recommend solutions to repair defects
- Assurance of overall quality, accuracy, and compliance with tier one process and procedure
- Review of all discrepancies or newly discovered trends with QA Managers in Compliance for proper disposition and potential amendment to procedure
- Forge relationships and points of contact with members of the QA team and Compliance Alerts and AML Investigations.
- Effectively communicate with key points of contact to ensure the fluid sharing of information and feedback across pertinent teams
- Participation in development of production and quality goals
- Meet or Exceed set production and quality goals
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality throughout the QA process, disclosing only pertinent information to key stakeholders
- 2-4 years of experience in Alerts or AML Investigations
- Working knowledge of tier one Alert Analysis processes
- Expertise may also include: Audit, Control, Risk, Fraud, and Research
- Strong research, analytical and comprehension skills, with ability to analyze large amounts of data
- Proven ability identifying issues/defects and recommending solutions
- Demonstrated experience adhering to controls and compliance standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Forensic Accounting, Criminal Justice (focusing on financial crime) or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of AML, Terrorist Finance statutes, and governing bodies
- Strong Communication skills including written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Results-oriented Team Player
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines against a high volume work schedule
- Must be detail oriented, well organized, and a self-starter
- Intermediate level skills working with the MS Office suite of tools