Data Management Operations (DMO) team is responsible for ensuring the highest quality of data across the Corporate Compliance Reporting, Employee Compliance, Trade Surveillance and Transaction Monitoring operation pillars.
The DMO team partner globally with the following groups in support of this function:
• Back Office & Middle Office Operations teams across the Lines of Business (LOB) within JPM.
• Chief Data Office across all Lines of Business
• Line of Business (LOB) & Compliance Technology groups (Operate and AD).
• Corporate and Line of Business Compliance.
The team is responsible for data validations & reconciliation across inbound data feeds to identify data quality issues, complete impact assessment and remediate through the Defect Governance framework.
The Data Management Analyst is required to work in the EMEA team responsible for supporting the Employee Compliance pillar and assisting in ad-hoc related projects.
• Partner with various functions (Tech, Ops & Compliance) to document data issues, perform analysis and determine remediation plans.
• Monitor the data quality and completeness of feed/files into and throughout the Compliance environment.
• Understand how the data is utilized in Employee Compliance and the impact to the downstream Compliance monitoring.
• Oversight of the Defect Management process ensuring adherence to the Defect Governance Model in line with the responsibilities of the Chief Data Office for Compliance.
• Build out processes and adequate controls ensuring consistency across regions and other Data Pillars within the Compliance Operations group.
• Assisting with the Data Completeness program for Compliance, liaising with, and providing support to Lines of Business and Chief Data Office.
• Track all data quality issues and provide metrics reporting on progress to both regional and global stakeholders.
• Engage Data Management projects team to support the monthly testing cycle.
• Experience in an Operations environment (preferably with a focus on ensuring data quality).
• Experience in defining/documenting new processes ensuring appropriate Controls framework.
• Experience in an end to end exception management process; preferably in resolving data quality issues.
• Effective analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Excellent communication, influencing and relationship building skills.
• Able to work as part of a team or as an individual.
• Highly disciplined individual, self-motivated, and delivery focused
• Project Management experience
• Intermediate Excel skills required for data analysis (e.g. use of pivot tables and v-lookups)
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills with proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Visio
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.