Wealth Management - Private Bank CIO Team – Portfolio Analytics/Quantitative Research Executive Director
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
This position will be to lead the Quantitative Research efforts within the Portfolio Analytics group which is part of Wealth Management Private Bank Chief Investment Officer Team (PB-CIO Team). The Portfolio Analytics group is responsible for developing proprietary models and analytical tools for asset allocation, portfolio construction, performance attribution and risk management.
This Head of Quantitative Research oversees the Quantitative Research function in asset-specific study, multi-asset portfolio construction, manager selection and general markets research. In addition to the Portfolio Analytics team, this position will work closely with Asset Class Portfolio Managers (PMs), Multi-Asset PMs, Portfolio Specialists, and Due Diligence Teams to advance the investment process and deliver positive excess return to the clients.
- Direct the development of quantitative models and analytics in Equity, Fixed Income, Hedge Funds, and multi-asset class portfolio solutions to enhance the investment process
- Work with a team of quantitative researchers with specialties in single asset class and multi-asset class data and model development to set the research agenda and refine the process
- Conduct research and ad-hoc analysis on specific asset classes, multi-asset solutions, manager selection, and risk management
- Work closely with Asset Class PMs in Equity, Fixed Income, Hedge Funds, and Multi-Asset PMs to provide data on factor/risk premiums, maintain tools, and create custom analysis to aid in the evaluation of trades
- Partner with Technology to implement and productionalize models and create “best in class” data repositories for equity, fixed income, and hedge fund positioning/look-through data
- Work with model governance groups for model review and maintenance
- Communicate quantitative objectives, and provide corresponding tools, and targets to the trade execution team (PMG) for consistent evaluation of portfolio positioning relative to CIO guidelines/targets
- Ensure cross-collaboration within the team and across JPMorgan.
- 5+ years of financial industry experience, preferably in multi-asset environment with broad experience covering equity, fixed income and hedge funds
- Expertise in statistics, econometrics and finance theory including a solid understanding of asset allocation theory and practice such as MVO and risk management
- Advanced knowledge of various data vendors, including FactSet, BARRA, eVestment, Morningstar, PerTrac, and Bloomberg databases
- Experience analyzing exposures, positioning, and factor drivers of ETFs, mutual funds, and hedge funds
- Working experience and knowledge of Monte-Carlo simulation, statistics/stochastics, optimization techniques, econometrics, and the ability to analyze large data sets
- Strong programming skills. Preferably at least a few of the following - Visual Basic, Python, Matlab, SQL, R and C#
- Experience in defining vision and strategy, setting priorities and managing a team
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a simplified manner to both sophisticated and less sophisticated audiences.
- Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline (Math, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Engineering, etc). PhD degree is preferred and other distinctions such as FRM, CFA, etc. are a plus.