JP Morgan Regulatory Finance - Regulatory Capital Team
The position is within the Capital Reporting Regulatory department of Finance. The group is a service-orientated business comprised of specialised individuals with knowledge and expertise in understanding, managing and delivering financial information to our regulators. The group is also dedicated to adding value and improving efficiency, quality and controls.
The regulatory finance department is a high profile function, providing financial information to the Prudential Regulation Authority (“PRA”), Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) and the Bank of England.
The production responsibilities within UK Regulatory Reporting are split into two main areas: Capital Reporting, and Financial Reporting, with both teams being supported by a Controls team.
Capital Reporting Group
The core responsibilities of the Capital Reporting Group are:
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and biannual returns for the following solo regulated entities and their associated UK consolidation groups: JPMorgan Securities Plc (JPMS Plc), JP Morgan Europe Limited (JPMEL), JPMorgan Markets Limited (JPMML), JPMorgan International Bank (JPMIB)
- Daily monitoring and preparation of capital adequacy and large exposures reports for the above entities
- Interpretation of the Regulatory rules which forms the basis of PRA reporting and providing regulatory guidance to the business
- Partnership and supporting other Finance areas with their reporting requirements (e.g. recovery and resolution, ICAAP)
Financial Reporting Group
The core responsibilities of the Financial Reporting Group are:
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and biannual returns for JP Morgan Europe Limited (JPMEL), JPMorgan International Bank (JPMIB), JPMorgan Securities Plc (JPMS Plc) and JPMorgan Chase Bank London (JPMCB).
- Interpretation of the Regulatory rules which forms the basis of Bank of England and PRA reporting, and providing regulatory guidance to the business.
The Regulatory function within the UK EMEA space is changing rapidly to accommodate both internal and external drivers of change: for example through greater business engagement, legal entity strategy and implementation of modelled approaches to capital.
Job Title – Regulatory Reporting Associate
We are looking for a candidate for a role within the Controls team within the Regulatory Reporting Group. A successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute in the continued roll out of a structured control framework to ensure that the reports produced by the UK Regulatory Reporting team are compliant with the current regulatory rules at all times and have complete and accurate data.
- Validating gaps in the control processes and working with teams to agree remediation plans (including raising CSA’s (action plans)
- Challenging stakeholders in the reporting process on the effectiveness of their process
- Creating control packs for monthly control meetings with the EMEA Controller and other senior regulatory leads (including translation of controls information into actionable data for senior management)
- Ensuring compliance with Firmwide control initiatives (eg risk/control self assessments / data retention policy / user tool governance)
- Provide ad hoc MIS reporting and analytics when required by management.
- Developing network and acting as a contact within the Reg team for other areas of Finance and the Business
This role offers good career prospects within the regulatory group and there is the possibility of mobility to other areas within JP Morgan after two years.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Focussed on execution skills and the ability to deliver results even through challenges
- Ability to critically review and challenge numbers / strong analytical skills
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Familiarity with current regulatory rules (CRD4) and reporting requirements (COREP)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Access, Outlook, Word and Powerpoint
- Degree qualification and either accountancy qualification or qualification by experience within Financial Services industry
- Good understanding of investment banking products including derivatives / financing transactions
- Knowledge of banking products (deposits, loans, credit facilities)
Start date: immediately
Hiring Manager: Catherine Millward