J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
The role is responsible for day to day management of financial information delivery and financial control. Key responsibilities include management and production of financial information and oversight of controls functions managed by Bangalore and ASIA teams. This role reports to the LEC. This role in the first year would include primary focus on ledger migration from legacy to SAP general ledger.
· Management of financial control environment.
· Manage relationship with LEC Support team in Bangalore
· Timely and accurate information delivery to clients.
· Assistance to LECs.
LEC Bangalore Team, LEC, ASIA LECs, Business CFOs, Middle Offices, NY Corporate reporting, NY regulatory reporting, Local Regulatory reporting, Project working groups.
· Qualified Accountant, Post Graduate
· 2+ years Financial Service industry experience
Technical Skills & Knowledge
· Financial and Management Accounting skill set
· Good analytical skills.
· Excellent communication and organisational skills
· Ability to carry out complex tasks under considerable time pressure
· Understanding of LEC delegated functions in Bangalore.
· Strong team player
· Production of monthly reports and delivery of reports to senior management
. Previous use of Business Objects and Oracle, SAP desirable.
· Excel literacy essential.
· Manages & prioritises multiple tasks across different time horizons within deadlines.
· Demonstrates active support for LEC decisions
· Focuses on doing what is right rather than what is expedient
Conducts appropriate levels of analysis to generate sufficient options