JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Application Support Analyst – Investor Services
The Application Support Analyst in a Production Management team is responsible for technical support of production applications and infrastructure. This team provides support for the CIB Investor Services platforms. These platforms process trade confirmation and settlements, manage and service corporate actions, and interface with accounting and general ledger systems.
The team handles all support requests, incident and problem management, monitoring, issues, tickets and business continuity activities, to ensure flawless and quality delivery of services to end users. In addition the team members will run with specific projects in order to improve efficiency and reduce the number of incidents (automation, functional monitoring, etc.). This is a critical role requiring a highly dedicated individual who can take ownership and provide procedural and technical support to various teams and internal/external stakeholders.
In addition to driving resolution of day-to-day issues, major incidents, and outages to resolution, the Application Support Analyst will work hand-in-hand with application development, infrastructure and implementation teams. He or she will be responsible for implementing Best Practices, identifying opportunities for improvement and efficiency gains, and ensure risk and controls compliance for the supported platforms.
The IS Prod Management teams are in the process of implementing a DevOps approach to Production Management, using the latest industry approach and tools in order to achieve high efficiency, constant improvement and automation in the production environment.
Investor Services Production Management team is a global team with a follow-the-sun support model enabling it to provide 24/7 coverage. The ideal candidate for this role is a dynamic individual with excellent communication, strong analytical skills, acumen and the ability to assimilate information quickly, with focus on incident and problem management.
General Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Manage day to day issues including daily health checks of applications and processes, working closely with end users, development staff and Infrastructure teams, to prioritize and resolve and/or mitigate outages.
- Monitor production activities/processes to ensure timely and effective reporting, tracking, follow-up and communication of problems to internal and external clients, technical resources, and executives.
- Implement continuous process improvement, including but not limited to automation, procedures, and production monitoring.
- Help in identifying, coordinating, and implementing initiatives/projects and activities that create efficiencies and optimize technical processing
- Develop and maintain relationships with technical staff, end users and clients.
- Carefully evaluate alternative risks and solutions before taking action to provide timely resolution.
- Demonstrate creativity, innovation and high performance.
- Must be detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to the team and the customers. The ideal candidate communicates openly and effectively in a manner consistent with the audience.
- “Can do” attitude, which can identify problems, take ownership, and provide solutions.
- Possess excellent trouble-shooting skills, are driven to help internal/external customers.
- Demonstrate sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are not readily defined and/or conflict with available information, ability to reach sound decisions quickly.
Demonstrate creativity, innovation and high performance
Good working knowledge of Applications Servers, particularly Tomcat, Apache.
- Data transformation tools like Informatica.
- Good understanding of SQL – Should be able to query database ( Oracle/Sybase), and at times suggest changes/improvements
- UNIX – Strong Unix knowledge, shell scripting and/or Perl
- JAVA – Coding/debugging experience. Able to look at logs to analyze issues.
- Monitoring tools: Geneos
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology. Master's degree in Finance, Computer Science, or Information Technology a plus.