J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Product Re-engineering is within Product Design & Development, a global organization within JP Morgan serving the Corporate & Investment Bank. Our objective is to employ strategic initiatives, business alignment, and process improvement to implement a standardized and consistent client on-boarding service and deliver world-class client experience.
The position will report into the Global Lead for the Product Re-engineering team. Primary activities will include delivering a variety of projects ranging from strategic organizations to process improvement to regulatory and technology initiatives. Projects will include Latin America-specific initiatives, Latin America sub-projects within global initiatives, and with additional opportunity to drive global initiatives. The candidate must partner effectively with stakeholders across the Front Office, Operations, Compliance, Technology and other groups crossing all lines of businesses and across the globe.
A KYC background is preferred.
You will be responsible for ownership of all projects being led out of the region in addition to facilitating inter-regional initiatives in order to ensure global consistency within the organization.
· Develop project delivery strategy (in conjunction with the global lead), end to end project delivery plans, milestones and risk/ dependencies covering all areas. Subsequent communication and syndication of said strategy.
· Identify and create working groups, as appropriate. Manage large number of stakeholders from different groups, conduct steering committee and working group calls and ensure any issues are documented and resolved.
· Analyze business needs and KYC/regulatory requirements to determine how WCOB technology systems and/or processes will functionally fulfill those requirements. Perform impact analysis of policy changes on the operating model and future deliverables.
· Partner with regional and global WCOB team, and various other internal groups to implement any tactical and strategic solutions for WCOB processes. Engage all stakeholders and downstream teams and ensuring technical and operational gaps are addressed efficiently.
· Assist in developing and documenting end-to-end roles and responsibilities, including process flows, stakeholder engagement, and required controls implementation.
· Progress reporting to Manager and Project Committees, including risk and issues with impact to project deliverables
· College degree, plus 3-5 years experience in project management experience
· Financial services operations and/or KYC/compliance background useful, but not required
· Project management certification preferred but not required.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate strategic messages clearly and consistently with the team. Writing samples will be requested.
· Ability to foster cohesive team environment across project team members.
· Can-do results-oriented attitude. Able to drive projects forward in face of adversity, in spite of resource constraints, and with lack of stakeholder support. Thinking outside of the box.
· Adaptable, flexible and willing to work in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment. Handling 10+ projects actively and effectively prioritizing the pipeline.
· Ability to directly address conflicts, and escalate issues where appropriate. Communicate effectively to all levels of management and stakeholders and impacted parties, especially with more senior colleagues.
· Ability to identify problems and issues, and propose solutions and mitigating actions. Exhibit initiative to raise issues to appropriate staff when needed.
· Pro-active/self-starter who can deliver value added support to stakeholders in a dependable, timely and accurate manner.
· Ability to successfully navigate a complex infrastructure that involves numerous groups and individuals.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Strong PC skills in Microsoft Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
· Excellent oral and written communication skills,
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.