The Wholesale Credit Analytics and Solutions team (WCAS) is responsible for implementing key credit risk practices across Wholesale businesses and ensuring consistency in methodologies within Wholesale Credit Risk. WCAS areas of responsibility include Traditional Credit Product (TCP) stress testing (CCAR/DFAST, ICAAP and Risk Appetite), Basel RWA for TCP, developing the firm's authoritative wholesale credit risk parameter data set, reserve/allowance management, development and implementation of an economic credit capital model, the construction and integration of credit and capital limits, risk grading methodology, and the provision of strategic advice and solutions to the originating businesses.
The Data Management team within WCAS is responsible for developing best-in-class data management function within the WCAS organization and overseeing the overall Data agenda; data needs consolidation, metadata management, data quality management, and data governance for various business functions. The team is responsible for defining the overall WCAS Data strategy in partnership with LOB, Technology, and Operations stakeholders. The team is also responsible for Wholesale Credit Risk Data Governance efforts in partnership with the Chief Data Office.
This position will focus on the following Data Management practice areas:
- Data Quality Management – monitor the full list of data quality issues affecting WCAS functions – analyze root cause, identify E2E owners, prioritize the issues within WCAS and greater WCR forum, coordinate with various stakeholders on issue remediation progress, perform testing to confirm issue resolution
- Data Controls Management – maintain best practices for data controls, work with Risk Controllers on analyzing existing controls and implementing additional controls to monitor data health and identify potential data quality issues
- Data Governance – support overall data governance implementation and maintenance for various business functions
- Actively contribute to the WCAS Data Quality Working Group to drive data quality issue resolution, track progress and resolve potential issues or dependencies
- Perform data analysis to identify potential issues, investigate root cause and perform testing of remediated data
- Actively contribute to the WCR Controls Working Group to drive the agenda for centralized and comprehensive data controls implementation across WCR
- Help with defining and driving operational improvements around WCAS data management and Wholesale Credit Risk Data Governance
- Support the management of data demand across various WCAS functions
- Represent WCAS in various data governance forums and data related strategic initiatives
- Participate and contribute to Wholesale Credit Risk Data Governance forum
Work closely with Technology, various businesses, CDO, Operations and Reporting on various aspects of Data Management processes
The role requires experience/expertise in the following areas:
- Business and data analysis, 6-10 years of business experience working with numerous stakeholder teams
- 5 or more years of experience in Data Governance covering business term metadata management and/or data quality management and metrics
- 5 or more years of experience with Credit Risk Management and/or Wholesale Credit products
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills; analyzing data with respect to corresponding business and technology processes; comfortable working with large quantities of data
- Critical thinking, ability to understand the problem, analyze root cause and cross-dependencies, come up with the solution/options, document and present to various audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with a fine attention to detail and ability to summarize for executive communication
- Building strong relationships with various stakeholders throughout the organization
- Proven track record of a high level of personal initiative and leadership as well as setting and achieving challenging goals and taking accountability for completing deliverables
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks effectively
- Applying rational judgment for escalating issues to senior management or functional partners with relevant expertise.
- Adaptable to work in an evolving and dynamic environment, with changing priorities, keeping an eye on the overall goal.
- Understanding of concepts and hands-on experience working with relational databases, SQL, and BI tools
- Advanced skills with the core MS Office suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint); familiarity with process-mapping tools (e.g. MS Visio, etc.)
Bachelors or higher degree.