Dealer Commercial Services (DCS) is a Commercial Lending business within Auto Finance and specializes in lending to new car dealers in the US with sales ranging from small business to public auto dealerships. DCS provides floorplan, real estate, acquisition finance and commercial loans, as well as treasury products. DCS has sales teams throughout the country, four Underwriting offices, and two operations offices. DCS is one of the largest bank-owned floorplan lenders in the US, having relationships with more than 75% of all US franchised automotive dealers. Total commitments are approximately $17 billion. Chase Auto Finance currently has private label arrangements with Subaru, Mazda, Jaguar/Land Rover, and Maserati.
The Head of DCS Risk will support the Dealer Commercial Services business in all aspects of Risk Management and Credit for the business. Management responsibility for an 80 person risk organization located across 4 sites. A key part of this role will require strong stakeholder management at all levels and across all functions.
• Direct strategic and long-term objectives for commercial credit portfolio with lending activities concentrated in the franchised automotive retail sector.
• Manage and provide leadership to functional management teams who have responsibility for commercial underwriting, credit approval, portfolio management, risk mitigation, risk reporting and analytics, and technology platforms.
• Core management and planning responsibilities include lending policies and procedures calibrated with risk tolerance and growth objectives, compliance with laws and regulations, financial budgeting and risk forecasting, project management oversight, key risk indicators, and performance measurements.
• Direct a unified credit culture that promotes consistency and portfolio stability through various economic cycles.
• Entrusted with a commercial lending authority up to $300 million for better risk graded clients.
• Recruit, develop and retain qualified commercial banking risk professionals.
• Executive liaison with cross line of business functional units, third party vendors, internal/external auditors and firm-wide business units.
• Facilitate business and risk reviews with executive management focusing on trends, operating, and credit risks.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Masters Degree preferred
• A minimum of 10+ years’ experience in Commercial lending, including making credit decisions, management new originations, portfolio management and risk mitigation.
• Strong knowledge of Commercial lending with experience and past credit authority above $50MM.
• Understanding an experience in providing control oversight and relevant operating risk oversight in the Commercial lending space.
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the business
• Demonstrated experience in managing large teams.
• Business Leadership –
o Recognized by internal customers, colleagues and senior management for their business and functional expertise; expert knowledge of their function’s operations, customers and competitors.
• Results and Execution -
o Is decisive – makes sound decisions based on a thorough assessment of the issues and outcomes.
• Critical Thinking, Risk and Control -
o Manages the business from end to end to minimize disruptions, errors and losses
o Takes a holistic view when assessing risks. Takes appropriate risks that will advance the firm’s strategy or position in the marketplace; takes responsibility for risk-related decisions.
• People leadership –
o Actively seeks out opportunities to attract and leverage diversity on his/her team; acts as a role model for diversity & inclusion
o Leads by example; considered a role model in terms of pursuit of excellence; sets a high bar for self and for team
• Culture, Values & Partnership –
o Builds and leverages partnerships across businesses, functions and geographies to deliver the firm and deliver innovative solutions to support customers and communities.