CIB – Special Situations & Distressed Trading – Vice President/Executive Director
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion, over 265,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking Commercial Banking, Consumer and Community Banking.
Through collaboration, intellectual curiosity and creativity, you can accomplish extraordinary things at J.P. Morgan. Our people do outstanding work by partnering with clients and each other to generate positive change in our local and global communities every single day. We are committed to your growth and development. We offer opportunities across all of our businesses that can take you in any direction you want to go and leaders who will support you in getting there.
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
· Identify and work on special situation and distressed transactions
· Value loans, bonds, claims and private equity to support our client franchise and generate revenue
· Coordinate with desk research, analysts and other traders to better manage the firms risk and be in the best position possible to service its clients’ needs
· 10-15 years of buy-side distressed investing experience and 4-6 years Investment Banking experience at a major North American firm
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Finance or related quantitative field
· Expert in the bankruptcy process, credit/bond documentation including covenants and baskets
· Experience in Capital Markets and understanding of fixed income markets and drivers
· Proven track record of investing in securities of stressed and distressed industries such as Retail, Telecommunications, Technology, Chemicals, Industrials, Consumer Products and Healthcare
· Must have demonstrated knowledge of Corporate Bonds, Leveraged Loans, Bankruptcy Claims, Over the Counter (OTC) Equity, Escrows, and other illiquid obligations Must have deep and long standing relationships with key distressed bankruptcy law and financial advisory firms
· Must have deep relationships with clients from a diverse array of Hedge Funds, Value Investors, Mutual Funds, and Private Equity Firms, advisory and law firms
· Build Financial Models for below investment grade corporations primarily in North America
· Develop trading strategies within the secondary markets, supporting Sales & Trading with the Client Franchise
· Expert in Bloomberg, Excel, Power Point and MS Office skills
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.