JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
Within Chase, Consumer Banking (CCB) provides great products and an outstanding customer experience at over 5,600 branches and 18,700 ATMs in 23 states, as well as online and over the phone.
Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) technology provides technology support for applications across all lines of business. These applications are critical to ensuring an outstanding customer experience.
Operations Technology Finance and Business Management (OPT FBM) is the support arm of OPT IT within Consumer & Community Banking. This department serves a support role for the Chief Technology Officer of Operations IT and their Leadership Team helping with: Financial Tracking and Reporting, Requisition Management, Vendor Management, Resource Forecasting, Cost Saves Initiatives, Department Budgeting, Reporting, and Ad Hoc Requests.
The department is in need of a Finance & Business Management Associate. This position is responsible for working across the team developing and generating reports and presentations, tracking operational initiatives, and working with support partners of the organization (Accounting, Finance, Quality Assurance, Project Management, Vendor Management, etc.) to improve and drive business decisions. This position will be key in developing the long term location and real estate strategy for the organization, driving cost saves, and ensuring adequate controls and efficiencies exist with vendor partners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop collaborative working relationships across CTO, CTO -1, Finance, CCB Shared Services and HR teams while providing business value and transparency
- Provide resource management communications, planning/forecasting guidance and coordination for core business requirements
- Partner with OPT BMO Leads to drive consistent business management practices, development of KPI’s, setting logical key performance measures and reporting driving towards continuous improvement in accuracy and control
- Support OPT resource planning working with BMO Leads and Finance to establish best practices and support the strategic agenda for recruiting and workforce management
- Assist in the development of senior management presentations focused on vendor and resource management
- Facilitate CTO-level, proactive monitoring of headcount, budget, financials to highlight variances and reforecast plans to stay on target
- 5+ years of experience with an emphasis on business / data analysis
- Financial Services industry experience preferred
- High financial acumen with a sound understanding of the P&L
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Business Management / Finance / Economics / Analytics
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across all levels and influence key stakeholders
- Self-motivated, innovative thinker with the ability to derive, formulate, and develop new concepts, processes and value added activities
- Process-oriented with strong organization, problem solving, time management, and analytical skills
- Exposure to IT development/software development life cycle a plus
- Must be able to design business reporting and analysis that is clear, concise, and actionable
- Ability to work effectively with other lines of business, finance teams, and technology partners
- Demonstrated history of independently and proactively driving initiatives forward
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint