J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
Line of Business & Location
GFI CCB Finance - Bangalore
The Consumer and Business Banking team in Bengaluru is a part of the Consumer and Community Banking Finance organization in India and offers support in the areas of Financial Reporting, Planning and Analysis, Data Analytics forecasting and Budgeting to US finance and Business Management teams. The role involves extensive interaction with team members within the Bangalore team as also with several internal customers in US. This particular role involves working closely with the US Business Banking team to assist them in data analytics. The role involves working with huge volumes of data and calls of data analytics skills around developing reports (Standard, Adhoc), ability to interpret trends, understanding problem statements and developing relevant queries on the database etc.
Role and Responsibilities
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
Advanced SQL skills required, SAS skills and/or Control M knowledge a plus
Advanced Excel skills, Visual Basic a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
Excellent quantitative and analytical problem solving skills
Professional maturity and personal integrity, ability to partner with multiple layers of management
Experience in financial reporting a plus, but not required
- Post-Graduation degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Strong analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills with the ability to interpret large amounts of data and its impact in both operational and financial areas
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills to clearly present analytical findings and make business recommendations via the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Evidence of leadership, initiative, flexibility, productivity, organizational skills and teamwork
Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
Demonstrated ability to function in a highly team oriented atmosphere