J.P. Morgan is devoted to building the best and most respected financial services company in the world, serving our clients
and growing our communities globally. With $18 trillion assets under custody the world’s most important corporations,
governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations, states and municipalities entrust us
with their business in more than 100 countries. We offer strategic advice, lend money, raise capital, help manage risk,
extend liquidity, buy and sell securities and provide many other banking services in markets around the world. J.P.
Morgan’s professionals are at the center of the world’s financial markets, all focused on helping clients outperform their benchmarks.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at JPMorgan Chase.
This is an Application Support Analyst role within the Production Management function. The role provides
day-to-day production application support within the global Production Management team
also continually analyses the end-to-end service to identify opportunities that increase production application resiliency through process and tool improvements.
Develop and maintain effective relationships with application and technology stakeholders
Maintain and enhance application resiliency through disciplined production control practices including proactive
monitoring and alerting, issue management and process improvement
Attain an extensive and practical understanding of all Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) application monitoring platforms
used across the PM production environment
Identify opportunities to improve service capabilities across the application suite
Work as part of the Production Management team to deliver against core business objectives and the PM target operating model
Provide day-to-day application support within the production environment to a standard that meets or exceeds
Operational Level Agreements.
Assist with the transition of production application support tasks from Sub Lob Teams to the CAPS Team in order to
realize increased service optimization through economies of scale.
Continually analyze service metrics to identify production resiliency improvement opportunities and present findings to
technology stakeholders to discuss, agree and implement solutions.
Fully participate in the support rota to ensure adequate business support coverage
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Must be able to multi-task in a complex production environment and quickly acquire broad knowledge of applications.
- Articulate bi-lingual communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self starter with confidence to drive issues through to completion in highly pressured environment
- Strong problem management and problem investigation skills with ability to learn new skills quickly to value add in problem focus areas
- Multi-disciplined technology skills encompassing some or all
- Unix (RedHat Linux) skills including Unix Shell Scripting – ksh, perl, bash etc
- Database skills (Sybase, Oracle, ,MSQL) including SQL and Stored Procedures
- Windows skills
- Geneos, Autosys
- Knowledge of Java or Python based application developmet
- 2+ years working in a support capacity in a time sensitive environment,
- Familiarity with the Unix and Windows Operating system and environment
- Financial institution experience or exposure a plus