J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Americas Real Estate Client Portfolio Managers play a lead role in capital raising, business retention, and client service efforts for Real Estate strategies with a geographic focus. This role will be responsible for capital raising and client management for of all J.P. Morgan real estate-related offerings with a geographic focus on the Western United States including Canada. The position is to be California based (preferably in San Francisco or Los Angeles) reporting to the Americas Real Estate Head of Client Strategy.
This person's primary responsibility is the growth of assets for our US client base for our real estate products and strategies by adding new clients, obtaining new mandates and garnering additional commitments from existing clients. A key aspect of this position is the development of close collaborative relationships/partnerships with the Client and Consultant Advisor teams, portfolio managers and investment teams, and the legal and administrative personnel involved in the business development, investment management and product development areas.
The position will require very frequent client contact, requiring excellent communication skills both oral and written and excellent presentation skills. Frequent travel will be required.
Grow our assets under management for global investors (including corporate pension funds, state and government sponsored investment funds, insurance companies, endowments and foundations, as well as other investors) for our current and future real estate products and strategies.
Establish excellent collaborative working relationships with the Client and Consultant Advisor teams, the Americas, European and APAC Real Estate Portfolio Managers and other investment professionals in the group, the Product Specialists, the Legal and Product Development professionals and other administrative personnel involved in business development.
Pursue new business opportunities which fit with our business platform and model, identifying the investment organizations which are prospects for our products and services and the key decision makers and influencers at those organizations. Establish and deepen relationships with senior investment professionals at these organizations
Manage existing client relationships with the goal of deepening and expanding the assets we manage on their behalf. This encompasses establishing an annual overall plan, maintaining regular contact with key client representatives as well as delivering very clear and concise account reviews, including thoughtful interpretations of near term economic and other relevant external events. Understand their investment goals and objectives and keep them informed about the full scope of our capabilities and what additional investment solutions we may be able to provide to them.
Keeping abreast of competitors, how they are positioning against us and how we can best position against them.
• Minimum of 15+ years experience successfully raising capital for real estate investments
• Extensive network of
relationships with Western state and Canadian institutional real estate
• excellent presentation skills which enable the delivery of concise and persuasive new business presentations and investment reviews;
• excellent written and oral communication skills and a genuine interest in the subject matter;
• strong relationship building skills applicable to existing clients, prospective clients and internal colleagues within Alternatives and across JPMorgan
• a strong understanding of regional economic forecasts and the ability to interpret them relative to the performance of all products being represented by this team;
• ability to incorporate current economic forecast information provided by other professionals within the organization plus ability to seek out and integrate relevant external economic and other related investment and product information into communications with clients, prospects and consultants
• a working knowledge of portfolio construction, how real estate fits within a mixed asset portfolio and how real estate allocations are structured;
• an ability to articulate and discuss fund/portfolio and underlying investments;
• a strong work ethic; results oriented; willing to travel extensively to ensure successful results;
• the highest ethical values in professional and personal conduct
•Undergraduate degree in business or related field (higher level of education preferred, MBA/CFA)
•Series 7 and 63 certifications
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.