JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small-business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. The headquarters for JPMorgan Chase is located in New York. J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. has six lines of business:
JPMorgan Chase holds leading positions in most major categories it competes in across its peer group. JPMorgan Chase reported full-year 2010 earnings of $17.4 billion on revenue of $104.8 billion.
The firm continues to successfully navigate through the intense credit and capital markets turbulence, protecting the company and capitalizing on any opportunities that present themselves. The firm has a history of showing leadership during times of financial crisis and will continue to build on that legacy.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to building vibrant communities, preserving the environment and promoting an inclusive culture that benefits its shareholders, customers, employees, neighbors and future generations. The firm does this in multiple ways, ranging from charitable giving and diversity initiatives to the promotion of economic opportunity and development. The organization strives to be fair and ethical in business practices and has a strong set of principles that guides our actions and informs decisions. The firm is helping to protect the environment and works at deep community involvement. A select few awards include:
· Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE magazine
· Most Respected Companies by Barron's magazine
· Top 50 Companies for Diversity, Diversity Inc magazine
· Top Companies for Executive Women by National Association for Female Executives (NAFE)
· 100% rating on the Corporate Equality Index, measuring treatment of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees and customers
CCB is a key contributor to the JPMorgan Chase product platform, playing an integral role in the firm's powerful banking franchise.
The CCB IS organization is looking for a talented and highly motivated individual for a T-Shaped Developer position. At their core, they must have experience in a Java development role supporting Java/J2EE/JSP based Web applications/Middleware and Batch systems, Java based client and middleware applications, with experience in or willingness to execute in a Business Systems analyst or Quality Assurance role. They will be supporting a Collections System that runs 24x7 and supports 1000's of simultaneous users in a high volume and mission critical environment across multiple call centers throughout the US and abroad.
· Development responsibilities – experience in design, analysis, development, coding, unit testing, debug and documentation for Java/J2EE systems including JSP Based Web applications, SOA based business services using J2EE/Web Services, Java based batch applications that satisfy business requirements for large, complex projects
· Business System Analyst responsibilities – ability to review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs based on business objectives. Create documentation of user needs, program functions and steps required to successfully achieve business objectives will be an important deliverable of the BA.
· Quality Assurance responsibilities - the creation and execution of detailed test plans and scripts to verify software functionality and adherence to business requirements. Execution of scripts include progress reporting, defect tracking and risk assessments. Ability to assess risk to quality based on results of verification and validation and making appropriate recommendations.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
· Experience Utilizing Web Services and Java RMI technologies to improve interface/API and significantly enhance integration capability between front-end and back-end systems.
· Should have experience working/deploying in UNIX operating system
· Experience in IDE tools like RAD/Eclipse is necessary.
· Knowledge and understanding of SQL is must
· Knowledge of UML design practices is necessary.
· Understanding of Spring Batch and middleware technologies like Web-sphere or Weblogic is plus. Knowledge and/or experience in rule engine technology like WODM is an added plus.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong knowledge of Visio
· Proficient in knowledge of business applications and word processing and flow charting tools.
· Experience in a Quality Assurance role with a thorough knowledge of software development lifecycle principles and quality assurance methodology.
· Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills required
· Experience with Agile (Scrum) is a plus.
· Experience with the CACS vendor product is a plus.
· Thorough knowledge of current Mercury testing tools.
· Thorough knowledge of Microsoft office products.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.